Are you someone who thrives in startup cultures with fast-paced growth? Are you as obsessed with technical challenges and problem solving as you are with customer success? We’re looking for you! SmartDV™ Technologies is growing quickly and expanding our reach in all North American regions. Though we’re an established company with mature technology, our aggressive growth mentality gives employees the opportunity to take on broader, more interesting roles and actively shape the company’s roadmap. At SmartDV, your unique talents, insights, and skills will fuel our next-level growth.
As SmartDV expands our customer base in the Eastern Region of the US, we’ll rely on a passionate, highly motivated, deeply technical, customer-focused Applications Engineer to be both the technical driver of pre-sales customer engagements and the trusted, post-sales adviser for our products.
- Partner with the North America Sales team to provide technical guidance and support for pre- and post-sales accounts.
- Collaborate closely with the North America Sales team to identify and understand customers’ technical needs and challenges, provide technical presentations and demonstrations, support product evaluations, and facilitate product integration.
- Provide compelling technical presentations and demonstrations to convey the benefits of our technology to prospective customers.
- Serve as a trusted frontline technical adviser and resource for SmartDV products and training.
- Drive technical customer engagements leading to company growth and success.
- Provide technical leadership and program management for assigned accounts and develop close, credible relationships with customers to assess their technical and business requirements.
- Cultivate open communication with customers to understand their core technical requirements, jointly problem-solve, and implement a roadmap to a solution.
- Work with the internal product management team to influence product development and evolution by collaborating closely with company product and design teams to understand customer needs and define products that drive customer success.
- Empower customers to integrate SmartDV IP into their designs.
- Develop and refine user documentation and technical training material.
- Partner with the Marketing team to participate in conferences and trade shows, create technical collateral, answer media calls for contributions, and gather details for customer success stories.
- Proactively call out opportunities to enhance SmartDV’s business practices, bolster cross-departmental collaboration, and optimize communications (internal and external).
What You’ll Bring
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in EDA, verification, and application engineering and with EDA tools. Solid technical understanding of semiconductor design and verification intellectual property (IP) specialization areas, including (but not limited to) digital design, RTL, and static verification, with a working knowledge of SoC integration, IP verification, etc.
- Familiarity with RTL (register transfer level) design and verification using Verilog, SystemVerilog, or VHDL hardware description languages.
- Familiarity with analog/mixed-signal design and verification flow.
- Familiarity with FPGA (field-programmable gate array) prototyping tools like Synplify Premier, Vivado, and Libero SoC Design Suite, including synthesis, P&R, and timing closure. Exposure to various FPGA devices.
- Technical understanding of interface and connectivity protocols such as AMBA, Ethernet, USB, PCIe, MIPI, and various memory models like DDR, LPDDR, and Flash models.
- Knowledge of protocol specifications from the various technical standards groups such as MIPI/VESA/HDMI/JEDEC.
Who You Are
- Problem-solver with strong technical and analytical skills, coupled with the ability to quickly develop and implement solutions.
- Proactive driver of business closure, with sound judgment and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading sales and customer engagements, and providing clear answers to complex problems.
- Credible, with the ability to quickly establish confidence and rapport with senior executives and both technical and non-technical team members alike.
- Adaptable to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid growth and change.
- Energized by evolving technologies, able to consistently deliver results under tight time constraints in a fast-paced and high-growth environment.
- Strong communicator who can translate deeply technical matters into digestible written and verbal messaging.
- Patient and flexible adviser when providing guidance and support; passionate about learning and teaching.
- Marketing-minded: enthusiastic about speaking at conferences, answering media calls for contributions, creating technical collateral, and translating technical customer interactions into testimonials and success stories.
- Committed to quality with superior attention to detail.
- Keen to dig for answers until you have found a solution.
- Motivated self-starter: proactive, action oriented, open to travel, and able to work independently and remotely.
- Creative team player who is passionate about being part of a diverse, international organization.
About SmartDV™ Technologies
SmartDV™ Technologies offers the world’s broadest portfolio of design and verification intellectual property (IP). We are the proven and trusted choice for Smart Verification Solutions™ that range from Verification IP—including assertion-based and post-silicon validation IP—to synthesizable transactors, memory models, and Design IP. We have an ever-expanding portfolio of more than 800 design IP and verification IP products. Our technology is in use today by more than three hundred (300) customers throughout the global electronics industry, including seven of the top 10 semiconductor companies and four of the largest consumer electronics companies.
SmartDV™ Technologies supports and spans 5G, automotive, defense and aerospace, mobile, networking, SoC, serial bus, storage, video and display markets, and protocols. We cover the design and verification flow: simulation, emulation, formal verification, post-silicon validation, and memory modeling. We pride ourselves on outstanding customer service, 24/7 technical support, and relentless research and development enabled by over 250 experienced ASIC and SoC design and verification engineers.
SmartDV™ Technologies’ worldwide headquarters is located in Murgeshpalya, Bengaluru, India, with the Company’s North American headquarters (SDV NA LLC.) in San Jose, California, USA. We maintain a truly global footprint through local sales and support offices in all major geographies. Many of our employees work remotely, and we place an emphasis on hiring for experience, skillset, and best fit, rather than simply for physical location.
SmartDV™ Technologies’ Strengths:
- Industry’s largest portfolio of proven and trusted design and verification IP with over 800 IPs and growing
- Complete IP solutions, from processors to design IP cores.
- Proven at over three hundred global customers and a solid track record with large, repeat user base
- SmartCompiler™: Proprietary, automated, compiler-based technology that enables rapid, on-demand customization, development, and deployment of new Verification IP. Allows us to keep pace with evolving industry standard protocols.
- World-class sales, technical support, and services.
Where permitted by applicable law and required, SDV NA LLC. may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on location, customer, and job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
EEO is the Law
SDV NA LLC. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
SDV NA LLC. follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit www.smart-dv.com.