- This event has passed.
Aerovehicles 4 & Auto – CFD 2
August 23, 2021 - August 27, 2021
Hybrid – Berlin, Germany
Aerovehicles 4 – August 23-25
Auto – CFD 2 – August 26-27
The Fourth International Conference in Numerical and Experimental Aerodynamics of Road Vehicles and Trains (Aerovehicles 4) is followed by the 2nd Automotive CFD Prediction Workshop (Auto-CFD 2), in Berlin, Germany.
Organized by the Hermann-Föttinger Institute of TU Berlin, Aerovehicles 4 is where engineers and researchers can exchange their ideas in ground vehicle aerodynamics. It is a forum for engineers and scientists from both industries (manufacturers and operators of road vehicles and trains) and universities to present and discuss recent advances in vehicle aerodynamics.
Conference presentations will cover these topics:
· Time-dependent simulations of vehicle flows (DNS, LES, URANS, and related techniques)
· Novel experimental techniques applied in vehicle aerodynamics
· Flow control applied to road vehicles and trains
· Aerodynamic shape optimization of vehicles
· Predictions of rapid changes in vehicle flow including wind-gust effects, overtaking, passage of other vehicles, vehicle or infrastructure, etc.
· Vehicle soiling, rainwater management
· Numerical and experimental explorations of new techniques for drag reduction such as platooning (traveling in convoys)
Not-to-miss: Cadence’s Nick Wyman will be co-presenting on “Practical Mesh Adaptation for Aerodynamics CFD Simulations” with Paul Galpin (ISimQ) – Tuesday 24 Aug at 17:15 CEST
Auto-CFD 2 Conference
The main objective of the 2nd Automotive CFD Prediction Workshop (Auto-CFD 2) is to assess the predictive capability of CFD codes for road-car geometries. Through mandatory geometry, boundary conditions, and computational grids, the aim is to provide practical modeling guidelines to the automotive community, e.g., best-practice turbulence modeling, meshing, and numerical schemes. In addition, we want to bring the automotive CFD community (both academia and industry) together to discuss future directions.