- This event has passed.
Secure Mobility Vitals: Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Firewall
This presentation will cover remote access requirements of connected vehicles, an internet-based threat analysis and design considerations for TLS and firewall. Practical examples from in-production OEM flagship projects will also be included with:
- A system-level framework for secure communication, integrating TLS into existing ECU systems
- Firewall functionality built with the Message Acceptance Filter of AUTOSAR’s Socket Adaptor (SoAd) component
- A demonstration of these security techniques under automotive use-cases for incorporation into relevant IEEE/ISO/AUTOSAR specifications and the corresponding standardized automotive designs
What You Will Learn
- Automotive cybersecurity threats: facts and figures
- Secure mobility concept for protecting both, vehicle network entry points and in-vehicle networks
- Role of TLS and embedded firewalls in a multilayered vehicle security solution
- Demonstration of TLS and firewall for an AUTOSAR ECU
Dr. Ahmed Majeed KhanDr. Ahmed Majeed Khan is an engineering leader, experienced in working with cross-functional groups to push the envelope of technology implemented in diverse automotive and consumer electronic domains. A silicon-valley veteran with a proficiency to manage onshore and off-shore development of innovative and disruptive products, he has led teams around the globe to produce several high volume, high quality system-level solutions. Currently, he holds a Senior Engineering Management position at Siemens Digital Industries Software, where he assisted in creation of a market-leading automotive-grade product portfolio. Dr. Khan is also Siemens’ focal point towards international automotive software consortium, AUTOSAR. He holds a doctorate in Engineering Management from George Washington University, an MS in Electrical Engineering from Michigan State University and has over a decade of experience working with embedded systems.
Who Should Attend
- Automotive related product management and solution architects
- Automotive product security engineers and managers
- Product security officers, engineering managers and technology directors