SEMICON Taiwan is the first week of September in the Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center. To be precise it is September 2nd to 4th. Last year there over 26,000 people attended. This year it is the 20th anniversary show. SEMICON Taiwan attracts the world’s leading technology companies who design, develop, manufacture, and supply the technologies to manufacture the microelectronics that drive today’s most sophisticated consumer and commercial electronic products. So if you attend, you can connect with the companies, people, products and information shaping the future of design and manufacturing for semiconductors, nanoelectronics, MEMS, Photovoltaics and related advanced electronics.
For equipment manufacturers, there is no more important market than Taiwan. With new manufacturing technologies such as 450mm and EUV in development and with the continued growth of emerging and adjacent microelectronics markets (including high-brightness LEDs, MEMS, 3D IC, and plastic electronics), 2015 is already shaping up to be an important year for the global microelectronics supply chain. Taiwan is expected to invest over US$10 billion in 2015, which make Taiwan the single largest semiconductor equipment market in the world, ahead of the US and Korea.
Here are some of the things that will be taking place this year:
- Opening Ceremony: 9/2 from 9.30 to 10.30 including ribbon cutting, awards, and VIP tour
- Gala Dinner: an annual festival of Taiwan’s Hi-tech/Semiconductor/LED community with more than 400 industry leaders from around the world
- Technology programs
- Day 1: Semiconductor materials forum, sustainable manufacturing forum, advanced packaging technology symposium, plus (all day), MEMS forum and (all day) TechXPOT on the main stage in the exhibit hall
- Day 2: (all or half day events running in parallel) High-tech facility international forum, eMDC forum, SIP global summit: 3DIC , IoT, TechXPOT
- Day 3: (all or half day events running in parallel) SIP global summit: wafer level packaging, CMP forum, IoT, automotive design, TechXPOT
- Business programs
- Day 1 (1pm to 5pm) Executive summit
- Day 2 (8am-12pm) Market trends forum, (1pm to 5pm) CFO summit
- Day 3 (10am-5pm) Memory summit
- National pavilions for Japan, Korea, Holland, Belgium, Germany, Russia and Cross-strait (I guess that is a tactful way of saying China)
- Smart manufacturing pavilion, AOI (Automated Optical Inspection) pavilion, materials pavilion, precision machinery pavilion, hi-tech pavilion, secondary market pavilion, CMP pavilion, MIRDC (Metal Industries Research & Development Centre) pavilion, SICA (Silicon Carbide) pavilion
- Job fair
If you are thinking of exhibiting, SEMICON Taiwan attracts a highly influential audience from every segment and sector of the European microelectronics industries, including semiconductors, solar/PV, LEDs, MEMS, printed/organic/flexible, and other adjacent markets. Above is the breakdown of visitors from 2014.
So join Jing-Jing, SEMCON Taiwan’s mascot, in September. Who is he? A baby born in a semiconductor plant, knows the movement of world’s semiconductor industry. With the radar on his head, Jing-Jing can forecast the market trends and connect the industry supply chain. He even has a Facebook page here.