Our client in Dearborn, MI is looking for a Data Engineer General. This is a contract position.
What You Will Do:
Customer Analytics – Ingest Loyalty and Survey data sources into an Enterprise Data Lake and transform/curate them into a foundational Warehouse in the Data Factory to provide a loyalty and Survey data for analytical, visualization, and predictive algorithmic use cases, ensuring data quality and reliability for enterprise data users.
- BS in Computer Science or related.
- Tools and Technologies:
- Google Cloud Platform:
- Data Flow.
- Cloud Run.
- Big Query.
- Cloud Logging.
- Cloud Monitoring, etc.
- Infrastructure as code:
- Terraform / GitHub ELT.
- DBT Orchestrator/ Schedule: Astronomer/Airflow.
- Programming Language/ Scripting Java/ python, Shell scripting.
- IDE: VS code/ Eclipse, etc.
- Agile Software: Rally.
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience developing applications w/Java and Python.
- 3+ years of GCP experience.
- 5 yrs of data engineering pipielines/ building data warhouse systmes with abiility to understand ETL principles and write complex sql queries.
- 3 years of GCP experience working in GCP based Big Data deployments (Batch/Real-Time) leveraging Big Query, Big Table, Google Cloud Storage, PubSub, Data Fusion, Dataflow, Dataproc, etc.
- 1 Year experience of deploying google cloud services using Terraform.
- 1 Year or more experience in ELT framework DBT
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Certification.
- Self-motivated with good oral and written communication skills.
- Good Planning and organizational skills.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Free training on all Altair products
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of data analytics, product development, and high-performance computing (HPC). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit altair.com
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventures; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and unchartered waters, we dive headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible, discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Altair’s history demonstrations a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.