- This event has passed.
AIAA SciTech Forum and Exposition 2024
January 8 - January 12
Welcome to the world’s largest event for aerospace R&D, where thousands come to collaborate on breakthrough science, revolutionary technologies, and next-generation capabilities that are redefining what is possible in aerospace.
Outside-In: Expand the Boundaries
The 2024 theme, “Outside-In: Expand the Boundaries” represents a paradigm shift in the aerospace industry, encouraging a holistic perspective that embraces interdisciplinary approaches and encourages collaboration among diverse organizations. By integrating advancements and technologies from various fields, fostering sustainability, and promoting inclusivity, we can redefine what is possible. Join us as we explore breakthrough capabilities, the future of flight, emerging capabilities and challenges in test, the future of space operations, and imagining the aerospace engineer of tomorrow.
Reasons to Attend
Whether you’re a university student, a seasoned aerospace professional, or anyone in between, there are plenty of reasons to attend the 2024 AIAA SciTech Forum. However, we’ve carefully narrowed it down to six.
1. Largest Technical Program Ever
The 2024 forum program encompasses approximately 3,000 technical presentations across more than 60 disciplines. You’ll come away with new ideas and approaches guaranteed to elevate your work. Technical disciplines include but are not limited to:
- Applied aerodynamics
- Fluid dynamics
- Guidance, navigation, and control
- Intelligent systems
- Spaceflight mechanics
2. Forum Theme Embodies Groundbreaking Change
This year’s theme, “Outside-In: Expand the Boundaries,” represents a paradigm shift in the aerospace industry, encouraging a holistic perspective that embraces interdisciplinary approaches and encourages collaboration among diverse organizations. By integrating advancements and technologies from various fields, fostering sustainability, and promoting inclusivity, we can redefine what is possible.
3. Significant Announcements and Reveals
With the most brilliant minds in aerospace gathering, it’s no surprise that the forum is well known for breakthrough announcements and exciting unveilings. Take a look at some of the highlights from last year:
- NASA and DARPA announced their partnership to launch and demonstrate a nuclear thermal rocket engine for future Mars missions.
- Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory revealed LEONARDO—the world’s first bipedal robot, capable of walking, flying, slacklining, and skateboarding.
- Electra.aero publicized its selection by the U.S. Air Force to develop a full-scale pre-production prototype of an eSTOL aircraft.
4. Inspiring Speakers and Compelling Plenary and Forum 360 Programming
This year’s forum boasts a star-studded lineup of speakers and visionaries who come from industry, government, and academia. These leaders will take the stage during plenary and Forum 360 sessions to offer you their fresh perspectives on many topics, including the daily themes:
- Monday: Breakthrough capabilities
- Tuesday: The future of flight
- Wednesday: Emerging capabilities and challenges in test
- Thursday: The future of space operations
- Friday: Imagining the aerospace engineer of tomorrow
5. The HUB and Exposition Hall
Located in the Exposition Hall, the HUB is the epitome of innovation in our industry. It features stories that inspire, interactive demonstrations, industry panels, speaker Q&As, and more. With approximately 50 confirmed exhibitors, the Exposition Hall is where you can immerse yourself in technologies on display, discover incredible projects companies are working on, and even secure your dream job by networking with employers.
6. Build Your Network and Have Fun While Doing It
This year’s forum will bring together more than 5,000 participants from across the globe representing approximately 50 countries. You’ll have daily networking opportunities—including a happy hour, luncheons, coffee breaks, and other special events—to connect with peers, engage with industry leadership, discuss the latest coming out of the forum, and meet with prospective employers.Share this post via: