Date: May 29, 2020
Location: Pune, IN, 411007
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The Fluids Business Unit (FBU) is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join ANSYS Fluent development team. This engineer will work with the Research and Development team that creates state of the art software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analysis. The successful candidate will participate in the research, design and development of the user interface, graphics and postprocessing capabilities for ANSYS Fluent software.
- Design, develop, maintain and extend functionality exposed in Fluent user interface
- Development of efficient and scalable algorithms for graphical rendering and post processing
- Participate in the entire development process including specification, planning, scheduling, development, testing
- Understand and follow best software practices through design and code review, testing and validation
- Keep abreast of cutting-edge technology in user interface and computer graphics areas
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computational Science, or Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in commercial software development (in at least one of the following areas)
- User Interface
- Computer Graphics
- Scientific Visualization
- Solid, demonstrable programming skills in at least one programming language (preferably C/C++)
- Strong background in data structures, algorithms and debugging
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn, take initiative and work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to mentor and guide junior staff
- An advanced degree in engineering or computational science is a plus
- Experience developing and debugging user interface code on Windows and/or Linux
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.