Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/my-next-event-memory-the-turning-point-of-china-semiconductor.7597/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

My next event: Memory, The Turning Point Of China Semiconductor

Daniel Nenni

Admin
Staff member
I'm a big fan of CASPA events and will attend this one on Saturday. The Chinese Semiconductor Industry is a complicated puzzle but one worth figuring out, absolutely. This event is free by the way but capacity is limited so you should register immediately.

Tammy Kiely and Simon Yang are great speakers so they are definitely worth the trip. Handel Jones I could do without but he is kind of fun to watch. According to Handel "a 10nm SoC design can cost up to $150M"

View attachment 16988

Of course it can.... if you have to spin it a bunch of times maybe. Handel has never been a FinFET fan so expect more of the same FinFUD. I hope to see you there......

On CASPA's last 2016 Spring Symposium, we talked about augmented reality and virtual reality. Along with cloud computing, smart phones, and IoT applications, these technologies will continue to improve our daily life. However, semiconductor memory is critical in all these fields and will continue to be a key growing sector and back bone. With continued market expansion, China is poised to play a crucial role in reshaping the global semiconductor industry, and memory will be the turning point for China moving forward. This symposium will discuss how the memory industry has evolved, why China focus on memory development and how China's memory companies will respond to the exciting opportunities ahead of them.

The speakers and topics are:
1. Tammy Kiely (Goldman Sachs Partner in Semiconductor) : Migration of Memory Industry (from States, to Japan, Korea, then China) – 30 mins
2. Handel Jones (CEO of IBS & Ex-GE Semiconductor Executive) : Why China Should Design and Manufature DRAM and NAND Flash Products? – 30 mins
3. Simon Yang (CEO of XMC): The rising path of China Semiconductor – Memory – 60 mins
Q&A will be arranged by Simon Yang.

Register Link

When:

<time data-automation="event-details-time">Saturday, April 9, 2016 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM (PDT) - Add to Calendar</time>
<time data-automation="event-details-time"></time>
Where:
Cadence Auditorium, 2665 Seely Ave, San Jose, California (ease parking)

Back