Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/intel-and-the-internal-foundry-model.18461/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Intel and the internal foundry model

Arthur Hanson

Listened to Gelsinger this morning on Intel's internal foundry model and it looks like he is the right person at the right time. Hopefully he will turn the culture around by the use of this model which looks like demanding accountability on all fronts. Competition is the key to advancing any field, especially in fast moving technologies. Turning a culture around is a tough job and it looks like he has a plan for pulling it off, it will not be easy with TSM as the competition.

Listened to Gelsinger this morning on Intel's internal foundry model and it looks like he is the right person at the right time. Hopefully he will turn the culture around by the use of this model which looks like demanding accountability on all fronts. Competition is the key to advancing any field, especially in fast moving technologies. Turning a culture around is a tough job and it looks like he has a plan for pulling it off, it will not be easy with TSM as the competition.
Pat Gelsinger is why I bought thousands of share of Intel stock. Krzanich was a nightmare, and Swan was probably better, but not the visionary to turn things around. I completely agree with you that Gelsinger is the right man for Intel, at this point in their history. I'm betting on him. Literally.

Did he mention the Tower acquisition? It expires mid August. I'm wondering if he will let it go or extend the offer?

Did he mention the Tower acquisition? It expires mid August. I'm wondering if he will let it go or extend the offer?
Nothing that I remember, and none of the analysts asked about it either. I have heard them say prior that they are making progress with it, so I think it's their intention to pursue it, if at all possible. But, China being China ...

Interesting that today Intel announced a profit for Q2 while Samsung announced another loss

Back