Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/google-says-its-ai-supercomputer-is-faster-greener-than-nvidia-a100-chip.17732/page-3
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Google says its AI supercomputer is faster, greener than Nvidia A100 chip

You are loading your "novel" RTL into an FPGA, correct? Synthesize it yourself, and send the netlist (as I stated, I supply the liberty file). Don't share everything. Is every item that you have novel?

I look for complementary partners that keep the legal crap to a minimum.

Mr Blue, let me get in on this. I like the idea of simulating a CPU (or 2) for 4 clock cycles. To tell you the truth, I was going to do something like this anyway, like add 2 numbers. Let's do Chris's stuff for free. Maybe he can have an easier time with an investor.

Note, I cannot distribute any foundry stuff, so we will use my standard cells. They are a little larger than what the foundry provides. We went with 3 fins.

CPU: The open source WARP-V (preferred 32 bit). I just called Steve Hoover. He is in.
Process: TSMC16 and GF14 (I want to do both)
FinFETS: Standard threshold
L1 cache: Gimme a number of SRAM cells. If not, I will pick.
L2: Let's just stick to L1 + HBM3 to keep it simpler. We can make the interposer on Skywater.
Synthesis: I will use Yosys, unless somebody wants to run Synopsys. I can supply liberty files on our stdcells
P&R: We have it
Analog blocks: We got it, including an NRZ SerDes.
Clock: 6.4GHz or 3.2GHz

Mr. Blue, you are going to love (or hate) this. I called @simguru (blast from the past) and asked him to show off his cosimulation abilities. I told him that he is not allowed to have an alias like that without being called out on it. Steve Hoover and I will handle the cosimulation in parallel.

No funds change hands and no advertising. This is a SemiWiki freebee.

We won't MPW it, but we will get everything else ready on it, both simulation and layout. No eFPGA (yet)
What am I supposed to be doing?

Oh, so simulating your designs (and you) aren't needed anymore. Nice!

I shouldn't a bought that cosimulator. Let's just ship it!

Last edited:
Let's submit for those patents, you know, the provisional ones first. We can have the chatbot help expand the doc to 10,000 pages. There is no way the USPO is gonna read that. We will make them fancy schmancy power points, then we will get those VC suckers to put millions into the company without the need to even simulate it! Some of the funds should go towards building a dog park with our company name on it in Waco. This guarantees our patent will hold up in court.

Back