Date: May 27, 2020
Location: Beijing, CN, 65001 Shenzhen, CN, 510852
The Senior Application Engineer is responsible for leveraging expert-level engineering knowledge and relationships to support regional accounts with a significant impact on software revenue, as well as for helping customers to solve complex engineering problems using ANSYS software products. This role provides technical pre-sales support throughout the entire sales process.
- Lead in coordinating and executing all technical activities throughout the sales opportunity such as customer meetings and product presentations, demonstrations and evaluations
- Work independently to analyze technical needs, requirements, and state of a customers’ current infrastructure, operations, and engineering workflows
- Create and demonstrate simulation solutions to streamline customer workflows, in support of the software sales process; sales cycle/process will be broad and complex in nature
- Participate in internal corporate initiatives to further enhance the solution suites, presales/sales enablement and professional growth; actively participate in the development and mentoring of team members
- Responsible for articulating ANSYS’ value proposition which may encompass its entire suite of products; the presentations must affirm the sales message, differentiate ANSYS, and leave a strong and positive impression to audiences which can include senior company executives
- Instruct intermediate and/or advanced training classes on the usage of ANSYS products
- Create elegant and useful solutions to solve complex problems by working across various teams and understanding the needs of our customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanics/engineering mechanics/aerospace/civil engineering or other technical discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering software environment
- Demonstrated use of relevant ANSYS software or knowledge of other commercial CAE, CAD, EDA software packages
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to facilitate and conduct webinars and presentations to customers
- Ability to interact effectively with senior business managers and C-level executives
- Demonstrated skills in writing and presenting in fluent English
- Logical problem-solving approach and the ability to clearly communicate the situation and proposed solution to the customer
- Projects a professional image and strong business acumen during customer interactions
- Possesses a sense of urgency, strong organizational and follow up skills
- Deep knowledge in explicit dynamics, FEA algorithm and nonlinear material models
- Should have Knowledge in ALE\SPH\mesh-free method, better to have on-hands projects experience in one of the above areas.
- Familiar with general purpose Pre-Prost software, such as LS-PREPOST, Hypermesh or ANSA
- Familiar with LS-DYNA, ANSYS Mechanical or other explicit dynamics codes, such as PAMCRASH, RADIOSS, ABAQUS/explicit etc.
- Should have simulation project experience in one of the following industries: semi-conductors/electronics/aero engine/constructions or related industries.
- Teamwork spirit and customer oriented
- MS or PhD degree preferred
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in an engineering software environment preferred
- Must have passion and drive for personal technical excellence and high performance
- Must have customer service aptitude and maintain customer focus
- Ability to travel up to 60%
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.