Date: May 28, 2020
Location: Canonsburg, PA, US, 15317 Evanston, IL, US, 60201
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The Simulation Process and Data Management (SPDM) Senior Application Engineer is responsible for helping customers to deploy enterprise-level solutions that enable customers to more effectively utilize advanced simulation technologies throughout their product development and engineering process.
This position will work closely work with the customer, ANSYS Solution Architects and ANSYS implementation specialists to
- Understand the existing IT landscape of a customer
- Develop a solution for adapting the ANSYS solution such that it integrates with the existing IT landscape
- Execute on deploying the solution and integrating it with the overall IT landscape
- Participate in Pre-Sale activities like customer meetings and product demonstrations
- Create necessary collateral and demo environments
- Create SoWs, training material and other necessary documentation
Successful candidates will also work with ANSYS Solution Architects to understand and influence product capabilities and roadmaps and should have a passion for applying technology to deliver solutions that help customers engineer better products.
- Analyze customers’ business and technical needs requirements, and develop solutions that meet them
- Produce clean and efficient code based on specifications
- Create elegant and useful solutions to solve complex business problems by working across various teams and understanding the needs of customers
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Create customer presentations to support sales activity
- Create training materials and assist in customers and partners training
- Create/assist in generating SoWs
- Create help manuals and deployment guides
- Participate in internal corporate initiatives to further enhance the solution suites, presales/sales enablement, and professional growth
- Be a team player who can collaborate effectively with all key ANSYS and customer stakeholders including sales, product development, project management, implementation engineers, customer end-users and IT leadership
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s or other advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 5 years of working experience in an agile team within commercial software development
- Experience in one of the following environments:
- Engineering Software – ANSYS or Commercial CAE/CAD/EDA
- Enterprise Systems – PLM/ALM/ERP
- Demonstratable skills in writing and presenting in fluent English
- Logical problem-solving mindset and the ability to communicate the situation and proposed solution
- Self-starter who possesses a sense of urgency, strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Additional degree or course study in Engineering Mechanics, Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering or other technical discipline is a plus
- A minimum of 7 years of deep, broad, and demonstratable experience within IT infrastructures, such as the following:
- Working technical knowledge of C# and .Net programming languages
- Hands-on experience working in integrated development environments, including Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience/Knowledge of C++
- Experience/Knowledge of Python
- Good understanding of web architecture, distributed systems and web APIs, such as REST APIs, SOAP and custom scripts
- Experience with Web Server technologies, such as IIS, nginx.
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL or Oracle is a plus
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience
- Ability to understand customer requirements and generate requirements document
- Experience in creating presentations supporting pre-sales activities
- The candidate must be flexible and adaptable regarding learning and understanding new technologies along with strong written and oral communication skills.
- The candidate should also have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to research software-related issues and products.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.