Date: May 26, 2020
Location: Phoenix, AZ, US, 85004
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The Principal Application Engineer is responsible for providing world-class assistance to customers and channel partners in the usage of our products, as well as for leveraging knowledge and relationships to drive growth of our software business in line with the corporate vision and performance expectations. Apply knowledge and experience in the areas of high speed analog/RF IC design, custom circuit analysis, high-speed VLSI design, electromagnetic analysis, and electromagnetic crosstalk effects with various CAD tools to solve problems in complex IC designs.
- Product Support:
- Liaison with Engineering and Customers to develop clear product requirement specifications for new features and flows that align with the product vision
- Apply deep knowledge of the technology and product to engage with alpha and beta customers to validate the key value proposition of new features and flows
- Support customers promptly and effectively in order to improve customer productivity and satisfaction with Semiconductor BU simulation products particularly in the areas of on-chip electromagnetic analysis and electromagnetic crosstalk.
- Apply knowledge and experience in the areas of high speed analog/RF IC design, custom circuit analysis, high-speed VLSI design, electromagnetic analysis, and electromagnetic crosstalk effects with various CAD tools to solve problems in complex IC designs
- Take ownership of one or more strategic accounts and/or business/technology initiatives for strategic and tactical business needs
- Customer Training:
- Train customers on the usage of Ansys on-chip electromagnetic analysis products to increase their proficiency, independence, and success; use technical excellence to show leadership to customers in the usage of our products
- Key Customer Business Development:
- Consistently improve our understanding of customer workflow and technical needs and communicate new opportunities and risks to Sales; proactively work to grow the software usage by demonstrating new solutions based on the ANSYS vision and software
- Sales/Pre-sales Assistance:
- Demonstrate the value of the ANSYS vision and software to sales prospects through collaboration with direct and indirect Sales in order to grow sales volume in existing markets
- Assist in running product evaluations and benchmarks for prospective customers
- Hold progress update meetings with global and local customers
- Mentor local or remote AE team by using tool knowledge and domain expertise
- Minimum BSEE with a minimum of 12 years of experience or MSEE with a minimum of 10 years of experience in VLSI design or PhD in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years of experience in VLSI design.
- Custom circuit analysis & design, custom IC layout design, Spice/Spectre based circuit simulation analysis and related CAD tools
- Strong technical knowledge related to EDA tools on custom IC layout, custom circuit design, Extraction and Spice
- Demonstrated domain expertise in the area of custom IC schematic and layout design, familiarity with on-chip extraction and EM analysis
- UNIX operating systems and proficiency in scripting using Perl and TCL
- IC/ASIC design flow experience from schematic to GDS
- Consistent record of outstanding customer interaction, written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- MSEE is preferred
- Demonstrated consistent record of independent time and project management, productivity, meeting objectives and deadlines with no supervision; demonstrated consistent ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse staff in multiple regions and multiple departments within ANSYS
- Competency in general office software applications such as mail tools, document editors, spreadsheets and databases
- Local language and English skills, as required
- Some traveling will be required
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.