Date: May 25, 2020
Location: Pune, IN, 411007
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
ANSYS is the WW leading simulation software company. Engineering simulation has become a key area of product development. It is recognized as instrumental in the digital transformation of industries: simulation and analysis tools are key technology to accelerate design development and reduce the use of physical prototypes. With a connected product (IoT), simulation provides value through the product life cycle from requirements, design, testing, manufacturing, commissioning, operations and maintenance.
The ANSYS Solution Development Specialist is responsible for developing and configuring a cloud base environment on ANSYS Platform that will enable customers’ engineers to access simulation flows through web applications for their engineering design processes e.g. for autonomous driving (ADAS/AV), 5G systems, electrification etc. As a Solution Development Specialist, you will build up the software stack from the ground up, end to end, making sure the architecture will be flexible and scalable. As our simulation technology evolves rapidly, you will be responsible for updating the environment frequently with the new versions and features.
- Work in an agile environment to develop the next-generation customer centric ANSYS Solutions
- Partner with cross-functional teams to understand requirements and build solutions
- Architect and develop a back-end infrastructure to allow starting cloud instances that will run complex workflows on Virtual Machine or containers
- Develop flexible front ends to enable users to configure and launch applications
- Ensure secured access of the application
- Design the infrastructure to be easily maintained (frequent updates), flexible (frequent work flows changes) and scalable (multiple users will require instances)
- Actively participate in project planning, design brainstorm sessions and scrum meetings
- Work with engineering teams to deploy easy-to-use tools
- Think “outside the box”, prototype internally and let your ideas be known.
- Be a team player who can collaborate effectively with all key ANSYS and customer stakeholders including sales, product development, project management, implementation engineers, and end users
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Applied Math, Engineering or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience for a commercial software company as software developer
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming languages such as Java, Python, C++ and C#
- Good understanding of web architecture, distributed systems and web APIs, such as REST
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Self-driven and highly motivated team player
- Demonstrated skills in writing and presenting in fluent English
- Logical problem-solving approach and the ability to clearly communicate the situation and proposed solution to the customer
- Experience with cloud technology frameworks on Azure or AWS
- Experience with back-end engineering (virtualization, containers)
- Experience with system and or simulation tools such as MATLAB, Simulink, any ANSYS solver, …
- Good understanding of engineering or physics
- Experience in Enterprise Systems – PLM/ALM/ERP
- Knowledge in Agile framework – from being in an agile team to leading an agile transition in your company
- Ability to work independently, as well as with others in a diverse team environment
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.