Date: May 25, 2020
Location: Munich, DE, 80331 Otterfing, DE, 80331
ANSYS is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, ANSYS helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The Application Engineer II is responsible for leveraging advanced-level engineering knowledge and relationships to support regional accounts with significant impact on software revenue. He also helps customers to solve complex structural engineering problems. The position has a focus on electronics reliability – include failure prediction, fatigue, strength analysis, vibrations, thermal as well as rapid dynamics. The engineer may also work on other applications in any industry. Applications are varied and include strength analysis, vibrations, thermal as rapid dynamics and that for any industry. This role provides technical pre-sales support throughout the entire sales process, post-sales support to customers and includes active participation to consulting projects. The ability to research problems and find solutions to wide variety of problems is paramount.
- Lead/Assist in coordinating and executing all technical activities throughout the sales opportunity such as customer meetings and product presentations, demonstrations and evaluations
- Analyze technical needs, requirements, and state of a customers’ current infrastructure, operations, and engineering workflows
- Create and demonstrate simulation solutions to streamline customer workflows, in support of the software sales process
- Participate in internal corporate initiatives to further enhance the solution suites, presales/sales enablement and professional growth
- Responsible for articulating ANSYS’ value proposition, which may encompass its entire suite of products.
- Instruct introductory and/or intermediate training classes on the usage of ANSYS simulation products
- Create elegant and useful solutions to solve complex business problems by working across various teams and understanding the needs of our customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering or other technical discipline
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering software environment or as an engineer in the industry
- Demonstrated use of relevant software or knowledge of other commercial CAE, CAD software packages for structural analysis: ANSYS, Simulia, Nastran or similar. Experience with ANSYS Sherlock a plus.
- Experience in mechanical engineering simulation necessary, preferably in an industrial setting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to facilitate and conduct webinars and presentations to customers
- Demonstrated skills in writing and presenting in fluent English
- Logical problem-solving approach and the ability to clearly communicate the situation and proposed solution to the customer
- Projects a professional image and strong business acumen during customer interactions
- Possesses a sense of urgency, strong organizational and follow up skills
- MS or PhD degree a plus
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in an engineering software environment is a plus
- Must have passion and drive for personal technical excellence and high performance
- Must have customer service aptitude and maintain customer focus
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.