Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/sa-says-taiwan-semiconductor-is-likely-finished.15905/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

SA Says: Taiwan Semiconductor Is Likely Finished

Daniel Nenni

Admin
Staff member
It is hard to fathom the idiocy of this author:
  • TSMC provided more details about its N2 (2nm) schedule, which is going from bad to worse. It is a trainwreck, worse than Intel 10nm.
  • TSMC not only conclusively confirmed the delay, but the schedule is five (!) quarters later than I had previously expected.
  • TSMC’s process leadership will be finished by 2025 with a full node disadvantage. This will likely remain so for the rest of the decade.
  • Intel will be leading Moore’s Law again. Customers may jump ship and flock to Intel Foundry Services. This poses a real threat to TSMC's financials and stock.
  • TSMC remains investible in the near- to mid-term, but not the long-term.

He even referenced SemiWiki but clearly he did not read the articles:

Intel and the EUV Shortage

Can Intel Catch TSMC in 2025?

Last edited:
IMO Seeking Alpha (SA*) is a site about trying to "randomly" influence stock prices more than anything else.. I'm not surprised by this type of article.

*not to be confused with Daniel's other favorite SA site SemiAccurate ;-)

It is hard to fathom the idiocy of this author:
  • TSMC provided more details about its N2 (2nm) schedule, which is going from bad to worse. It is a trainwreck, worse than Intel 10nm.
  • TSMC not only conclusively confirmed the delay, but the schedule is five (!) quarters later than I had previously expected.
  • TSMC’s process leadership will be finished by 2025 with a full node disadvantage. This will likely remain so for the rest of the decade.
  • Intel will be leading Moore’s Law again. Customers may jump ship and flock to Intel Foundry Services. This poses a real threat to TSMC's financials and stock.
  • TSMC remains investible in the near- to mid-term, but not the long-term.

He even referenced SemiWiki but clearly he did not read the articles:

Intel and the EUV Shortage

Can Intel Catch TSMC in 2025?
This SA author is a genius! His forecast has reached 2030. He can be Goldman Sachs' Chief Strategist.

Last edited:
IMO Seeking Alpha (SA*) is a site about trying to "randomly" influence stock prices more than anything else.. I'm not surprised by this type of article.

*not to be confused with Daniel's other favorite SA site SemiAccurate ;-)
We all know the guy that wrote the TSMC article here is a complete clown.

But what amazes me is that some people seem to believe that anything posted on SA (and the signal to drivel ratio on there is shockingly low to start with) actually affects stock prices ...

We all know the guy that wrote the TSMC article here is a complete clown.

But what amazes me is that some people seem to believe that anything posted on SA (and the signal to drivel ratio on there is shockingly low to start with) actually affects stock prices ...
With a lot of bots doing buy/sell, it doesn’t always take a lot to influence stock prices of corporations.. especially for short periods of time.

Back