Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/people-are-in-over-supply-not-chips.18796/page-2
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

People are in over supply, not chips

Elon is right, Mars has to be our next ecosystem, maybe in a hundred years.
Mars emigration will not reduce population of Earth, or in any way change the need to ensure a healthy, sustainable ecosystem here. Populating Mars may be a worthy effort for the 1% so long as they don't degrade Earth for the purpose.

Mars emigration will not reduce population of Earth, or in any way change the need to ensure a healthy, sustainable ecosystem here. Populating Mars may be a worthy effort for the 1% so long as they don't degrade Earth for the purpose.
I think human space travel is bunk, but what do I know? I'm not a billionaire...

There is plenty of space on earth for people. there are plenty of resources on earth for people. lets move to wyoming before mars. then canada then australia
the odds of a person making it to mars and back alive are <10% and again Mars is 1000 times less habitable than the sahara. Space travel as a solution is nonsense.

There is plenty of space on earth for people. there are plenty of resources on earth for people. lets move to wyoming before mars. then canada then australia
the odds of a person making it to mars and back alive are <10% and again Mars is 1000 times less habitable than the sahara. Space travel as a solution is nonsense.
And human space travel is an enormous waste of resources, that could be better spent on robot probes, landers, rovers, and space telescopes, to name a few obvious candidates.

Actually, people are in under supply . The world is aging rapidly and the population bust is apparent in almost every country. More people provide new and better solutions to food supply; technology innovation; solutions for world pollution; and everything else needed to improve the standard of living. The theory that the planet cannot sustain more people has been debunked many times over.
That might be possible in an ideal world, but people have flaws and an ideal world will not exists. Just look at the degradation of the environment, social structures and economies in general. A few people are living better than ever before, but more and more are living in war or conflict zones, economic disruption areas and look at the homeless problem increasing dramatically in the US and around the world. Many US cities have degraded dramatically in the last few years and in much of world conflict is only increasing economically, militarily. politically and socially.

Skilled assemblers with 7-10 years experience, references, some certifications, and paid training cost $2500 per month in China. These are the kind of assembly line workers you will entrust to assemble medical devices.
That seems like quite a good wage for China. I have heard that even in China it's becoming difficult to find skilled factory workers so this is an interesting data point.

Skilled assemblers with 7-10 years experience, references, some certifications, and paid training cost $2500 per month in China. These are the kind of assembly line workers you will entrust to assemble medical devices.
This is great. Much better than eastern EU.

Assembly workers in Siemens Healthineers for ultrasound devices with minimum of 3 years of experience, knowledge of foreign language, SAP, and something like "basic troubleshooting" whathewer that is. 1,100 € per month.

Link to local site: https://www.profesia.sk/en/work/siemens-slovensko/O4651208

That is 850 € of take-home salary. Off course, You have insurance but for example in dentistry You are still paying 50-100€ per cavity and in general they are still able to reject some procedures (which happened to me).

Onsemi (in country next to mine) offered similar salary for fab operators and naturally more for technicians, engineers... (although I asked few years ago so things might have changed)

Sorry, probably went bit off topic again but probably You got picture that I am not sure what should I think about this new EU fab buildup...

AI/ML applied to advanced robotics are game changers and we have to many people. Many companies now run dark with no lighting, heating or air conditioning and the equipment runs for two shifts. It's only a matter of time when AI/ML leverages the professions just as much. Many professions think they immune to automation and will be in for a very rude awakening. Automation of everything is just really starting to pick up speed.

Back