Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/opportunities-to-contribute-to-open-source-verification-eda-vips.3209/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Opportunities to contribute to Open Source Verification EDA/ VIPs

sendils

Hi all,

I wish to introduce myself as Sendil. I have been working at Marvell's CPU team for the past 8 months verification engineer. My work has given me the opportunity to involve myself in a cutting-edge verification activities.

Besides my work, I wish to contribute to open source verification IP development/ EDA. It would be of great help if I could get suggestions/pointers on how/where to look for opportunities to contribute to VIP/ Verification EDA development.

Thanks
Sendil

Sendil,
First, I'd like to thank you for your community-mindedness.
I'd like to suggest that there is work that can be done to release IP-XACT models for the Opencores library, to the Opencores library.
Then, take the various open-source tools for IP-XACT and verify that the library works with them. It would save a lot of people using open-source if they had a set of IP-XACT models available.

Hi all,

I wish to introduce myself as Sendil. I have been working at Marvell's CPU team for the past 8 months verification engineer. My work has given me the opportunity to involve myself in a cutting-edge verification activities.

Besides my work, I wish to contribute to open source verification IP development/ EDA. It would be of great help if I could get suggestions/pointers on how/where to look for opportunities to contribute to VIP/ Verification EDA development.

Thanks
Sendil

"Bleeding edge" always seems more appropriate ;)

One thing you can do is go to the standards committees (IEEE & Accelera) since Marvell is probably a paid up member and actually vote for support for things like power-management verification and sensible user-defined type schemes - and integration of Verilog-AMS into SystemVerilog. People like myself who are independent are no longer getting to contribute, and the development process is dominated by vendors.

I'd forgotten about IP-XACT, seems premature for it to have gone to the IEEE - development usually slows to a crawl when stuff goes there and people seem to do it for political reasons rather than technical.

Back