Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/china-taking-taiwan-fear-mongers-rule.20110/page-2
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

China Taking Taiwan, Fear Mongers Rule

China would lose access to its biggest markets in the western world and the supply of advanced chips

Do you think Xi Jinping even knows what a microchip is? If he even cared about economy, he wouldn't have been so enthusiastically destroying it. Such things didn't exist in his life. He never held a day job in his whole life.

I think everyone is thinking about this wrong.

Forget for a moment that about the political and ideology that divides Taiwan and China and recall the Chinese people mostly share a common history, written language and culture. It seems natural they should be one country no? Of course it’s more than half a century that political ideology, economics have driven them on separate paths. There is rational that China has ambition and also one should appreciate their desire for reunification!

Now to the CCP versus Wes. No question the west is uncomfortable with a possible true economic and technological peer with different ideology and vision of world order.

Twenty years ago we were all for collaboration, development and more as it benefited both China and the west. Spring forward to today we see a country that is nearly our equal with different view of the world and fairness and we can’t accept it. So in the name of “good” simply can’t have an equal so we want all that is good with our relationship with them: cheap electronics and everything else. But no way will we give them the tools or products to be our equal. Put yourself in their shoes, CCP propaganda aside are we a bit extreme ?

They don’t need to invade Taiwan, just block air and ships like the west blocked advanced chips and and tools to make them and other things.

I am sure that is a schenario played out over and over in China. Or in the end they don’t care, they have time and people to beat the west
And I think pretty much everything about your analysis is wrong !

1) You can't "reunify" Taiwan and China when they were never unified. Taiwan has variously been a Portuguese, Chinese and Japanese colony. Not in a unified Chinese state.

2) The West's main problem with China is that it refuses to play by the accepted rules - things like IP protection and theft. It's entirely reasonable for the West to object and take action to defend its interests.

3) The Soviet Union tried the blockade approach in Berlin in 1948-49. They failed. China could equally be blockaded from foreign trade and very easily (Malacca Straits). That really is a fight they don't want to start.

Do you think Xi Jinping even knows what a microchip is?
Absolutely, I think he does.
If he even cared about economy, he wouldn't have been so enthusiastically destroying it. Such things didn't exist in his life. He never held a day job in his whole life.
I think Xi cares a lot more about his legacy and his place in history than he does the welfare of the Chinese people, or even the state of their economy. To me, this is the scary part. The same can be said of Putin.

Back