Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/apple-shares-rise-on-report-it%E2%80%99ll-boost-iphone-production-30-next-year.13399/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Apple shares rise on report it’ll boost iPhone production 30% next year

Daniel Nenni

Admin
Staff member
Kind of hard to believe with the whole world shutting down for COVID but:

- Apple shares surged by up to 4% after Japanese news outlet Nikkei reported that iPhone production is set to rise by 30% in the first half of 2021

- The Cupertino firm is planning to build up to 96 million iPhones between January and June next year, according to anonymous sources cited by Nikkei

- That includes the new 5G compatible iPhone 12 models, as well as the iPhone 11 and the iPhone SE

“Based on lead times on the Apple website as well as our checks, we believe pre-orders tracked more than 2x its predecessor iPhone 11 thus far and is a robust start out of the gates for Cupertino on this flagship supercycle product,” the analysts said.

I couldn't even get into the local Apple store to see the new iPhones and iPads.

GO TSMC!

I visited my Apple store yesterday for a 2:30PM Genius Bar appointment, waited 45 minutes and never spoke with an actual Genius Bar technician, because that will take another 3 days to hear back after dropping off a MacBook Pro with keyboard issues. They had two lines setup, one for online pickup, and the other for Genius Bar drop-off. There must’ve been 40 people total in both lines, requiring two bouncers to keep the peace. Home delivery is probably the smart route right now for buying new Apple products, but then you lack the hands-on experience during the decision making process. I’m still an AAPL shareholder, and enjoying the stock appreciation so far.

2021 will be a worse year than 2020. People aren't getting along and there are a lot of problematic people in communities and positions of authority.

Back