Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/amat-the-most-important-company-you-have-never-heard-of-excluding-semiwiki-readers.18958/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

AMAT the most important company you have never heard of(excluding SemiWiki readers)

Arthur Hanson

The basis of the article is that with shrink coming to an end, processes and materials are next areas of improvement for the performance of semis. Any thoughts or comments on this appreciated. I hold a significant amount of AMAT shares for full disclosure.

I think in general, this is true; however, implementing new materials or processes is always challenging, since there are sometimes offsetting factors that make a new material not as promising as it initially would seem to be..

I believe all of the tool makers other than ASML are vastly under-appreciated, it's rare that somebody focuses on them. Without these, no chip would be made or go out the door. Regardless of technology approach, SEMI is growing. The big disruption - when we will completely depart from shrinking, because we are at a few atoms line width - is yet to come and some companies will miss it, others will have prepared. Who those will be has to be seen, but it will be exciting times.

AMAT has now fully demonstrated that is one of the key player in the world of AI/ML by the huge rise in the value of the company yesterday and today beyond any doubt.

AMAT has now fully demonstrated that is one of the key player in the world of AI/ML by the huge rise in the value of the company yesterday and today beyond any doubt.
Stock of LAM and KLA is up the same as AMAT for the last 6 months, last year. Being a semiconductor equipment company is a good business to be in right now. AI/ML is the new IOT.

Back