[ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Recent content by freshshine1

1. F

Biden set to announce billions in chip subsidies for Intel, TSMC, etc...

I'd believe it.🤣 Tap water in Taiwan is definitely not for drinking due to the minerals and elements in them (lime dust for example in Hsinchu) Couple years ago I heard TSMC is recycling water a lot within the fabs. Starting with the cleanest for manufacture, then trickle those down to less...
  2. F

Gelsinger to unseat TSM?

Intel CEO Says Company Will Beat TSMC and the U.S. Will Stay Ahead of China in AI Race. Here’s Why. By Tae Kim Dec 20, 2023, 7:00 am EST This article is from the free weekly Barron’s Tech email newsletter. Sign up here to get it delivered directly to your inbox. Chip Showdown. Hi everyone...
  3. F

Intel's road back to the top, how are they able to achieve it?

2 years ago when Intel announced their "Five nodes in four years," there were a lot of non-believers they were able to achieve it. Now halfway down the road, while we can all have different opinions on what qualifies as a success for Intel, can we agree they are making some good progress in...
  4. F

Kirin 9000s Analysis: Should be Made by SMIC's N+2 Process

China’s chip maker Jiangsu Advanced Memory Semiconductor enters bankruptcy and liquidation after failing to secure new rounds of financing This news was brought up recently (pardon I could not find a more credible source in English) and I am sure there are some more that are not being reported...
  5. F

Taiwan’s semiconductor sector faces offshore production dilemma as island struggles for water, power, people

Isnt this a common problem if you build fab anywhere else? Counting the current ongoing project Arizona Dresden all face similar problem, and additional problem of less established supply chain ecosystem + higher costs
  6. F

Foxconn's promise to invest $10 billion in Wisconsin is now a distant memory

Yea the Foxconn fab was dubbed the "8th wonder of the world" and was promising 13,000 jobs.. I'm sure a lot of people saw it coming miles away as the political scam it is Now that Terry Gou is running for Taiwanese president in 2024, it really does bring some thought how much of his campaign...
  7. F

Foxconn's promise to invest $10 billion in Wisconsin is now a distant memory

Foxconn's promise to invest $10 billion in Wisconsin is now a distant memory It's now selling two mostly empty buildings in the state. ASSOCIATED PRESS When Foxconn announced its plans to open facilities in Wisconsin back in 2017, it promised to invest $10 billion into bringing production...
  8. F

TSMC Phoneix Arizona Fab Construction Update

Yep, here are the SemiWiki discussions for this article
  9. F

US wants China's chip industry 5 generations behind cutting edge, head of equipment maker AMEC says at Wuxi conference

Can anyone share some insight on this point he made? Is it as simple as 1. The students he mentioned studying abroad do not have enough technical depth when they return to China to make a technical significance? Theres no doubt these are bright young minds but how much will it make a difference...
  10. F

TSMC board to vote Tuesday to build German factory-Handelsblatt

https://www.taipeitimes.com/News/biz/archives/2023/08/08/2003804390
  11. F

TSMC board to vote Tuesday to build German factory-Handelsblatt

Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company's (TSMC) logo is seen while people attend the opening of the TSMC global R&D center in Hsinchu, Taiwan July 28, 2023. REUTERS/Ann Wang/File Photo BERLIN, Aug 7 (Reuters) - Taiwanese semiconductor manufacturer TSMC's (2330.TW) board of directors on...
  12. F

Morris Chang predicts that the U.S. chip industry will explode in 2030

A little late to the party but I guess this is the product of mainstream clickbait media. Taken literally the title says Morris Chang Divine Prophecy; US chip industry self expose disastrous situtation in 2030. To which I guess Morris Chang predicts that the U.S. chip industry will explode in...
  13. F

Silicon Box - Opening Site in Singapore.

https://ts2.space/en/singapore-boosts-semiconductor-sector-with-2-billion-factory/
  14. F

South Korea wants to be a top A.I. hub — its memory chip dominance could be an advantage

South Korea wants to be a top A.I. hub — its memory chip dominance could be an advantage PUBLISHED WED, JUL 5 202311:59 PM EDTUPDATED THU, JUL 6 202312:27 AM EDT Sheila Chiang KEY POINTS - “South Korea seeks to emerge as a prominent player in rapidly growing and promising areas such as AI...
Back