Job Description and Requirements
Senior Software Engineer, Test Automation JAVA Selenium
About the Synopsys Software Integrity Group
Synopsys Software Integrity Group helps organizations build secure, high-quality software, minimizing risks while maximizing speed and productivity. Synopsys, a recognized leader in application security, provides static analysis, software composition analysis, and dynamic analysis solutions that enable teams to quickly find and fix vulnerabilities and defects in proprietary code, open source components, and application behavior. With a combination of industry-leading tools, services, and expertise, only Synopsys helps organizations maximize security and quality in DevSecOps and throughout the software development life cycle.
For more information, go to www.synopsys.com/software
Help us break our products! If you are a coder with a knack for testing, we want you.
Our goal is product quality. This is challenging work, as you will create software that will run against a variety of applications on various platforms. You will work with popular development tools and automation frameworks. You will write code to exercise various features of our products. You will use your development and troubleshooting skills to improve our automation framework. You will use your cunning skills to find ways to cause the product to fail.
- Develop and maintain test automation and scripts written in Java.
- Enhance and maintain existing tools, frameworks and infrastructure as the product under test evolves.
- Plan and design automated end-to-end tests to be executed against an Integrated Development Environments (IDE).
- Gather testing requirements from the product development teams and align the automated testing goals to ensure successful delivery of SIG products.
- Provide automation solutions within the organization to increase work efficiency.
- 5+ years of work experience in a test automation and/or software development role
- Strong understanding of software testing principles and a dedication to quality
- Strong Java programming skills
- Solid grasp of Computer Science and object design (BS in CS or similar preferred)
- Experience writing Java unit tests using JUnit, TestNG, etc.
- Experience using scripting languages (Python, Bash, Perl, etc.)
- Experience working on Linux/UNIX, Windows, and Mac
- Proficient with command line tools
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience with developing in or testing of IDEs (Eclipse, IntelliJ, Visual Studio, etc.)
- Experience using source code management tools (Git, etc.)
- Good at troubleshooting and debugging software issues
What we can offer you:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonuses based on personal, business unit and company performance.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision).
- Matching RRSP contribution program.
- ESPP program.
- Monthly commute allowance.
- Employee referral bonuses.
- Insurance (travel, life, short/long-term disability).
- Synopsys is a meritocracy (get rewarded based on merit—produce more, earn more).
- You will work in a newly renovated, open concept office in downtown Calgary.
- The LRT station is one block from the office.
- Foosball/ping-pong for mental breaks (and fun!).
- You will work on top of the line equipment.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit sjobs.brassring.com.