GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated Process Shift Engineers. This is a new or recently college graduate opportunity to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory. The individual will work together with other GLOBALFOUNDRIES equipment and manufacturing groups at Fab8. He/she will participate in process development, transfer, qualification, optimization and sustain activities for advanced technical nodes. Projects will include transfer, development and optimization of module unit process for 14nm and 12nm technologies and beyond, linking with other process engineering, manufacturing, industrial and integration groups.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Work with equipment, process, manufacturing and integration teams to ensure production wafer quality (e.g. achieve Cp/Cpk targets, eliminate yield systematics and meet line/wafer yield targets) and on time delivery.
- Work with process and equipment technicians to ensure high quality product and equipment availability.
- Be technical leader on shift to coordinate and enable equipment installation, preventative maintenance, experiment execution, and technology development.
- Troubleshoot equipment and process problems by using structured problem solving techniques.
- Work with integration and device groups in the technology development and the manufacturing teams to plan and execute projects and implement solutions on schedule.
- Engage with tool suppliers to highlight new module unit process requirements and evaluate new equipment solutions, as well as to implement Continuous Improvement Plans for defectivity reduction and throughput optimization.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Work on day or night shift as the business needs dictate.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering discipline (electrical, chemical, mechanical, physics) or other relevant engineering field of study required
- 0-2 yrs of relevant experience
- Ability to work on day or night compressed shift.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical, Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics or other relevant engineering physical science discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and self-starter.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a global matrixed team or environment.
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
- In depth understanding of semiconductor integration, device and reliability.
- Experience in advanced technology, e.g. Replacement Metal Gate, FinFET.
- Experience in technology transfer or unit process development.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.