Summary: GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world’s leading specialty foundry, delivering feature-rich solutions that enable our clients to develop innovative products. We are seeking a Director in the CTO organization of the Mobile and Wireless Infrastructure (MWI) Business Unit to define and deliver winning strategies for the fast growing imaging and image processing segment. The role requires a detailed understanding of end-market products and requirements, engaging with customers, and driving best-in-class technology solutions to meet their needs.
The role is a key part of the CTO organization leading and defining the technologies that will propel GF into a leadership position in display technologies, including logic die, ISP, image sensor wafers, packaging and system level solutions for mobile platforms. This role will be part of a high energy, high visibility international team creating the next wave of growth for GLOBALFOUNDRIES as it moves beyond providing image sensor processors and becomes a vital part of the entire imaging ecosystem for mobile devices. Recognition and respect of key players and partners in the imaging ecosystem will be an important part of the role.
The CTO organization partners closely with technology development and product line managers. In addition to working in a diverse and cross function team, the ability to identify and attract key talent is essential. The CTO organization will also identify and champion trends and opportunities for novel pixel sensors and other elements in the optical chain in close collaboration with the business line manager. This position will also lead and establish university and industrial consortia and partnerships, and is expected to be knowledgeable and engaged with the start-up communities.
- Technology Roadmap and system definition.
- Competitive benchmarking
- Identify and communicate our differentiated value proposition
- Program planning for technology execution
- Perform analysis of broad technology trends and inflections
- Driver Customer engagements
- B.S. in EE or related discipline. M.S., Ph.D. or an M.B.A. is desired.
- 10+ years of industry experience; well-connected and respected in the industry
- Direct experience managing and building teams
- Direct experience in technology development, system architecture and standardization
- Strong knowledge of advanced semiconductor processes and semiconductor device physics
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to engage with other senior level technical experts inside and outside of the company.
- Capable of innovative, out of the box, thinking
- Experienced leading in a globally dispersed environment
- Ability to lead and influence organization
- M.S. or PhD in Electrical Engineering or a related field is desired
- Direct experience as a foundry interface for a fabless semiconductor company
- Experience working with Asian partners
- Direct experience with image sensors in mobile platforms device development, process integration or optical system design experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of Japanese, Korean or Chinese is a plus.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.