GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking a highly skilled and motivated technical Shift Section Manager in Lithography to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York.
You will be responsible for leading a shift team of employees to maximize the quality and process capabilities of a highly automated, wafer fabrication facility. These positions work a compressed work shift (12 hour shift, 3 days working, 4 days off, 4 days working, 3 days off). The ideal candidate must be open to either days or nights since shift assignment will be adapted to fit the business need.
- Ensure a safe work environment and help build a culture where safety is the first priority
- Be an active leader in safety programs and help ensure compliance with EHS rules by visitors, contractors and employees at GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab8
- Lead a team of technicians and shift engineers providing day-to-day operations support for the Lithography Equipment team (Preventative / Corrective Maintenance)
- Coordinate daily technician and engineering activities on-shift to meet manufacturing objectives and department KPI’s
- Coordinate training to develop shift employees to safely perform their respective job assignments
- Closely interface with contractors and service providers who will provide specific maintenance or job functions
- Closely interface with the production staff to ensure key deliverables are being met.
- Identify ways to control costs while sustaining and improving operational systems for Fab operation.
- Coordinate and ensure continuous improvement of housekeeping, safety, environmental compliance, quality and cost within his/her shift consistent with overall department goals.
- Establish a work environment characterized by mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork and a passion for winning
- Administer employment policies and procedures to ensure a positive work environment
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis to identify and resolve production, quality, or maintenance issues
- Actively participate in work teams and committees that are established to improve the overall efficiency or safety performance of the department
- Develop and enforce effective preventive maintenance and safety procedures
- Review daily goals/priorities, project statuses, and qualification timelines and ensure resolution of open issues
- Lead engineering and development activities to achieve the desired WIP turns and cycle time goals.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to optimize processes with regards to process stability and wafer yield.
- Support operational execution and technology development
- Complete performance evaluations and career development plans
- Relentlessly drive efficiencies
- Establish and execute specific department plans and strategies to support the fab to achieve manufacturing KPIs. These include cycle time, line yield, and OEE (overall equipment efficiency)
- Participate in a “Continuous Improvement” program and follow “Lean Manufacturing” practices in the department to improve productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Support Fab8’s efforts in building a world class organization, achieving manufacturing excellence and establishing a team based collaborative culture.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- High School diploma minimum
- 5 years of experience in a semiconductor manufacturing environment
- This requires successfully passing an online Leadership Assessment
- Candidate must have strong leadership and people management skills
- BS or MS degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering physical science discipline
- Experience as Shift Equipment Engineer within a Clean Room Production Environment or equivalency
- Minimum 5 years people leadership experience in a semiconductor manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, energetic and self-starter
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies
- Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage a Shift team of engineers and maintenance technicians
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business need
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Individuals will be and must be able to understand complex automated systems and human interactions.
- Individual must be well versed in all Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Previous people management experience in a Production Semiconductor Environment
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.