Date: May 31, 2020
Location: Athens, GR, 10431
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The successful candidate will join the Research and Development team that creates state of the art software for electromagnetic crosstalk analysis.
With increasing frequencies, tighter design margins, denser integrated circuits (e.g. 3-D IC structures, stacked die architectures, etc.), and new devices and materials, the necessity of full electromagnetic (EM) interference analysis is becoming a fundamental need for the industry. The engineer will join the R&D team based in Athens, that is developing ANSYS simulation and modeling tools offering the sign-off accuracy and performance needed to ensure optimal design, noise integrity and reliability of even the most complex ICs, taking into account electromagnetic crosstalk.
- Work with manager and colleagues to define and implement new capabilities. Once projects are defined, the engineer should be able to deliver medium sized projects with minimal input from others.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the physics, the modeling algorithms and the design flow.
- Participate in the development of novel algorithms to solve complex mathematics/physics problems. Create proof-of-concept prototypes to verify algorithms.
- Communicate clearly and work closely with manager and technical leads to refine solutions and to describe changes that may affect others.
- Deliver state-of-the art specification documents that meet requirements on schedule. Ensure that specs are efficient, maintainable, extensible, robust and easy to understand.
- Perform application and system-level tests to thoroughly validate new features or changes.
- Be a source of expertise for others in the project team.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or related field, with five years experience or MS with three years experience in the above fields.
- Solid knowledge of Electromagnetics theory and relevant Physics.
- Strong background in Mathematics.
- Understanding of electronic designs on silicon (analog, RF, digital).
- Ability to learn quickly, understand complex systems and to work closely with others
- Ability to complete high-quality work on time
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or related field.
- Demonstrated skills in the following areas are a plus:
- Deep knowledge of Computational Electromagnetics and relevant methods.
- Parasitic extraction for advanced semiconductor nodes.
- IC design and simulation.
- Experience with programming or scripting languages (C++/Python/Matlab).
- Experience with IC on-wafer measurements.
- Working knowledge of the Linux operating system.
- Ability for minimal travel.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.