Date: May 31, 2020
Location: Canonsburg, PA, US, 15317 Champaign, IL, US, 61820 Cupertino, CA, US, 95014 Boulder, CO, US, 80301 Austin, TX, US, 78746 Irvine, CA, US, 92602 Pittsburgh, PA, US, 15219 San Jose, CA, US, 95134 Evanston, IL, US, 60201 Concord, MA, US, 1742 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 Lebanon, NH, US, 03766 Park City, UT, US, 84098
ANSYS is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, ANSYS helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
ANSYS empowers the world’s most innovative companies to design and deliver transformational products by offering the best and broadest engineering simulation software to solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Thus, through our enriching internship program, we help develop the next-generation of engineers and technologists.
As a student intern, you will help develop our industry-leading simulation software while gaining real experience in your field of study. You will work on a variety of impactful projects to help maintain, advance, and accelerate ANSYS products.
In this internship, you will support the User Experience Team within the Design Business Unit (DBU) at either Canonsburg, PA or Evanston, IL office locations. This is a 40-hour per week position starting August 2020 and concluding December 2020.
- Assist in preparing low and medium fidelity UI designs and/or prototypes using design documents, acceptance criteria, and other sources.
- Assist with creation of high fidelity visual designs and/or visual assets (e.g. icons).
- Assist with formulating, conducting, and analyzing results of usability studies.
- Assist in the creation and validation of personas and user scenarios based on user research to communicate user needs and goals.
- Understand user needs and business goals when generating new ideas and concepts.
- Informally present design work to stakeholders, within and outside of UX team, as part of rapid iterative design process
- University student pursuing a degree in UX, Industrial design, Human Factors engineering or any other design related fields with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Ability to support UX team efforts to communicate business requirements into relevant designs.
- Basic understanding of the user centered design process along with experience with user research, UI design, interaction design, and usability testing.
- A desire and background in understanding project needs and translating them into wireframes and/or prototypes to demonstrate concepts to stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prior experience or good working knowledge of the Adobe Suite Products (e.g. Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Experience and/or interest conducting UI and Interaction Design for products/applications using AR and/or VR
- Experience and/or interest creating prototypes (of any fidelity) exploring AR and VR
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.