Date: Jun 1, 2020
Location: Boston, MA, US, 02205-9761 Canonsburg, PA, US, 15317 Detroit, MI, US, 48233-9998 San Jose, CA, US, 95134
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
We are seeking an engineering manager to lead a team dedicated to the integration and deployment of a complete virtual Advanced Driver Assistance Systems ( ADAS) simulation platform for the testing of autonomous vehicle systems under different environments, conditions and traffic scenarios. The successful candidate will lead by example to integrate the various software components of a complete ADAS solution such as detailed radar/lidar/camera models, policy/control software, world scenes creation, vehicle dynamics, HPC/Cloud deployment, etc. The successful candidate will be a member of a world class solutions engineering team that is helping create safe system designs in the ever more complex, connected, and autonomous automotive world.
- Lead by example a team of software professionals whose objective is the integration of all software components needed for the complete closed loop simulation of and autonomous vehicle: virtual terrain, scenarios, sensor models, perception/fusion/planning software, vehicle dynamics and control software – all developed on a cloud platform
- Achieve milestones according to delivery schedule
- Verification and validation of the tool chain
- Mentors and trains team members on ADAS simulation methodology and deployment utilizing personal experience and industry best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or physics
- A minimum of 3 years of experience and firsthand knowledge of ADAS systems.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with system modeling tools such as CarSim, CarMaker from IPG, VIRES, SCANeR and/or VRX from Optis
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in simulation and testing of complex systems such as autonomous vehicles
- Knowledge of component and system validation in a virtual environment
- Working knowledge of C/C++
- Support in design and testing of vehicle dynamics models
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Self-driven and highly motivated team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a good team player
- Demonstrated skills in writing and presenting in fluent English
- Master’s in engineering or physics preferred
- Experience and knowledge in control theory and vehicle dynamics is a plus
- Ability to work independently, as well as with others in a diverse team environment
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.