[ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Methodics URL

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap!

Please keep us posted as this unfolds. SemiWiki had a run in with the IC Manage guys a while ago and it was not a pleasant experience.

Best of luck with that!

It's a little better today as methodics.com shows up as: Error 404 Not Found

That was a low blow for IC Manage to link to their site on the squatted site methodics.com

That was a low blow for IC Manage to link to their site on the squatted site methodics.com

Definitely, I can see why 'Methodics' are upset - holding the URL for ransom is one thing, but actively misdirecting engineers who visit the site is beyond the pale IMO

Methodics vs IC Manage

For the record:

View attachment 1400

Date: 06/29/2011 02:18 PM
Subject: Death, DAC and the current url for Methodics

Dear Friends of Methodics:

To paraphrase the great American writer Mark Twain. “The rumors of our death have been greatly exaggerated…”

For all of you who stopped by to see us this year’s Design Automation Conference, you could see quite clearly that Methodics is alive and well, and delivering innovative and time-saving design management (DM) solutions that address major challenges in SoC design. Our booth was busy and we met with some of the world’s top semiconductor companies who are looking for ways to deal with the massive complexity of a modern SoC development project. In fact, we used the occasion of DAC to introduce our latest version of ProjectIC, which includes a host of new features to manage design data and IP use and empower local users with significant data management capabilities.

So why are we concerned that some people might think Methodics no longer exists? In a nutshell, we have been a victim of cyber squatting and an Internet misinformation campaign.

If you go to www.methodics.com, which you might naturally do to find our more about our design management solutions and our company in general, you’ll see a page that looks like this (as we send this email – apparently the industrious hooligans behind this are continuing to ‘enhance’ the page to make it even clearer that there are other options for DM solutions available from one of our competitors).

First, please be aware that our current web site is located at www.methodics-da.com. A cyber squatter absconded with the url we had originally wanted when we started the company a few years ago and we refused to pay their ransom for it. While it sat idle for most of that time, recently the page has been mysteriously updated to lead people to believe that Methodic is no longer in business. It even goes so far as to provide a direct link to one of our competitors. The timing of this attack is very interesting as we are in the midst of several large engagements with customers, who are no doubt doing their due diligence on us.

Cyber squatting is an unfortunate fact of life in the Internet age as scammers hold companies hostage to get the domain names they want. But to go so far to as to intentionally mislead engineers and direct them toa competitor’s site sets a new standard for unscrupulous behavior, particularly in an industry as small as ours.

Sadly, this action has forced us to take the necessary legal steps to address this issue. A silly waste of time and money, but not a distraction from our on-going commitment to provide the most robust and efficient DM solutions for SoC Realization – in an above-board and ethical way.

Hopefully, we’ll be able to recover the methodics.com domain from our “IP Reuse” friends soon and we can put this behind us. In the meantime, look for more exciting news from Methodics in the coming weeks and months as we continue to refine our solution, and see more engagement with semiconductor companies, as well as the rest of the chip design ecosystem.
But please go to www.methodics-da.com for the real story!
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

View attachment 1401 Business itself is dirty but EDA seems to have more sleaze. IC Manage showed its true colors at DAC 2011 with strippers and a Ferrari. That is what you call a lifestyle company who's main purpose is to support the lifestyle of the executives. And if you threaten their lifestyle with a more competitive product you will get sleazed! A very nice bedtime story so with that a good night.

Last edited:
This is rotten business! Who did this?

methodics.com =

EDA360 SoC Realization Subversion
404 Object Not Found

HTTP/1.1 404 Object Not Found Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0 Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2004 00:00:00 GMT Connection: close Set-Cookie: vgnvisitor=pEU52w005IM001ywjx6~gXD6xb; path=/; expires=Saturday, 01-Jul-2014 23:59:59 GMT Content-Type: text/html

They even hid their domain name trail (using WHOIS at Network Solutions):

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration METHODICS.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

To be fair, I sent Jerry Rau, IC Manage Vice President an email with a link asking what is going on but no response. I resent it again today. After my run-in with IC Manage I tossed them from SemiWiki so they cannot respond directly.

My guess is that there is some legal wrangling going on? Hopefully it gets resolved peacefully. EDA does not need this type of stain.

D.A.N.

LOL this isn't dead yet.. If you look closely at the current methodics.com page you see this:

404 Object Not Found

HTTP/1.1 404 Object Not Found Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0 Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2004 00:00:00 GMT Connection: close Set-Cookie: vgnvisitor=pEU52w005IM001ywjx6~gXD6xb; path=/; expires=Saturday, 01-Jul-2014 23:59:59 GMT Content-Type: text/

which suggests that Methodics are running a very old and broken Microsoft server for their website.

if you look at the source for the page you see this:

<title> EDA360 SoC Realization Subversion</title>
<body>
<h1>404 Object Not Found</h1>
<p>HTTP/1.1 404 Object Not Found Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0 Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2004 00:00:00 GMT Connection: close Set-Cookie: vgnvisitor=pEU52w005IM001ywjx6~gXD6xb; path=/; expires=Saturday, 01-Jul-2014 23:59:59 GMT Content-Type: text/html</p>
</body>

Which means that the page is not 404 at all - its a live page with a fake message to suggest the Methodics server is down. Also, notice the reference to "EDA360 SoC Realization Subversion" which looks suspiciously like the Methodics marketing materials

You really have to be twisted in the head and arrogant to do this kind of thing. If our friends think that nobody can see through this they're living la Vida Loca!

Internet does not lie. Twitter your pic and call hack. IC Manage keep quiet same thing. Denial is futile. Apologies accepted.

This looks a little weird, did anyone else see this?
Death, DAC and the current url for Methodics | Methodics

Here is an update. IC Manage founder did in fact register that URL:

You may be aware of the recent shenanigans perpetrated against the design data management company Methodics. It seems the domain name www.methodics.com (which Methodics does not currently own) was set up to point visitors to the web site of their competitor IC Manage. The blatant attempt to confuse customers went so far at one point as to suggest Methodics was no longer in business. While there was little doubt that IC Manage was behind this, it wasn't until Methodics initiated something called a Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution complaint with the World Intellectual Property Organization that the smoking gun was revealed. WIPO confirmed the previously-hidden registrant/owner of the domain is indeed the Vice President of ICManage.

Below is the report from WIPO.

Full disclosure: Methodics is a client of mine. But this incident strikes a personal chord with me as someone who has worked in the EDA industry for more than 20 years. They did not ask that I write to you on their behalf. I do so because I have not seen a more offensive act of malicious and unethical tactics in my career (and many of you will recall that I was at Cadence during the infamous Avanti trade secret theft case). We as an industry often get criticized for being immature and self-defeating. It's not hard to understand why customers and other people on the periphery of EDA would think that given this type of behavior. The fact that Shiv Shikand has the arrogance to register the domain name that rightly belongs to his main competitor IN HIS OWN NAME sets a new standard for disregard of business ethics.

So why should you care? I believe that part of the role of any press or media outlet is to help police the areas they cover by holding people, companies and other institutions accountable for their actions. I therefore urge you as a key influencer of our industry to call IC Manage to the carpet on this one. I am certain that if a similar situation occurred between Synopsys, Mentor or Cadence, you would do the appropriate reporting and analysis.

I can assure you that Methodics is not interested in this purely as PR stunt, and in fact would prefer that the whole issue go away and the domain name be rightfully transferred to them. But they have been violated in no uncertain terms and have been unfairly been taken advantage of by an unscrupulous competitor. If you are in any way involved with EDA, I believe this type of behavior must be exposed for what it is. Or do we continue to look the other way and condone it through our silence, perpetuating the image of an industry that is immature and risky with which to do business?
Kind regards
Mike S.

<methodics.com>
Notice of Change in Registrant Information
Dear Complainant,

Further to our Acknowledgment of Receipt of Complaint, please be advised of
the following:

The registrant of the disputed domain name in the above referenced
proceeding has been identified by the concerned Registrar, Blue Razor
Domains, as being different to the entity named in the Complaint as
Respondent. The registrant information we have received from the Registrar
is as follows:

Registrant:
Shiv Sikand
15729 Los Gatos Blvd
Suite 100
Los Gatos, CA 95032
United States

Administrative Contact:
Sikand, Shiv shiv@icmanage.com
15729 Los Gatos Blvd
Suite 100
Los Gatos, CA 95032
United States
+1.4083588191

Technical Contact:
Sikand, Shiv shiv@icmanage.com
15729 Los Gatos Blvd
Suite 100
Los Gatos, CA 95032
United States
+1.4083588191

Last edited:
Unbelievable - what is wrong this guy Shiv Sikhand? Doesn't the VP of Eng at a startup have better things to do than hijacking competitor sound-alike websites and posting lies and general crap?

Bad business, sleaze-ball marketing or just plain dumb? Why would anyone want to do business with someone like this?

xu.jpg

xu1.jpg

xu2.jpg

Methodics awarded rightful domain name in decision by WIPO

Cyber interlopers forced to hand over Methodics | Cadence Integration of Subversion (svn) and Perforce (p4) to SoC data management leader

San Francisco, Calif. – November 28, 2011 – Methodics, Inc., the leading provider of integrated solutions used in managing design data and semiconductor intellectual property (IP) for complex IC design, today announced that the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) has ruled in its favor in a dispute involving the domain www.methodics.com. The rights to the domain have now been turned over to Methodics, and the company will begin using it for its primary web site and email address protocol immediately.

The WIPO decision stated: "The Panel determines that Complainant has established that Respondent registered and has used the disputed domain name in bad faith within the meaning of the Policy, and that the disputed domain name should be transferred to Complainant."

The previous owner of the domain was given ten days to relinquish the domain, an order with which they complied.

Methodics had sought the rights to the name following a series of malicious and misleading posts on the domain address by the previous owner, which indicated the company was no longer in business and directed visitors to a competitor’s web site.

“We are satisfied and vindicated that the issue has been resolved in a fair way and we no longer have to deal with this silly distraction,” said Simon Butler, CEO of Methodics. “Our focus remains on providing the most complete and automated way for IC designers to manage the volume and complexity of the design data required to develop complex chips. We look forward to using our rightful domain name as a platform to keep our customers and the rest of the industry informed about our progress.”

Back