Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/how-much-time-and-money-for-nvidias-h100-wafers-to-enter-intel%E2%80%99s-foveros-fab.19547/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

How much time and money for Nvidia's H100 wafers to enter Intel’s Foveros fab?

fansink

Like 100's of millions and 6 months? I understand that TSMC and Intel 3D packaging are not compatible, does that mean Nvidia would have to redesign and fabricate new chips accordingly?

I thought I read yesterday that IFS would be doing CoWoS builds for these Nvidia GPUs. Does anyone know what type build will occur?

Like 100's of millions and 6 months? I understand that TSMC and Intel 3D packaging are not compatible, does that mean Nvidia would have to redesign and fabricate new chips accordingly?
My understanding, it needs more than 9 months for development and qualification.

The length of time and complexity all comes down to can Intel support same or similar design rules and also how the integrated form factor interacts the same or different thermally and stress for the package system.

Actually time to qual is all about cycle time and request from Nvidia and Intel QR. I am sure lots of early work and risk assessment has been done. I highly doubt the announcement was done in absence of early data and risk assessment completion.

Back