Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/amd-2021-earnings-sales-increased-68-gross-margin-increased-to-48-up-over-3-percentage-points-from-2020.15401/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

AMD 2021 Earnings: sales increased 68%, gross margin increased to 48%, up over 3 percentage points from 2020.

I think with the acquisition of Xilinx AMD may even surpass Nvidia in next 5 years. Intel meanwhile will be financially exhausted trying to catch up TSMC.

I think with the acquisition of Xilinx AMD may even surpass Nvidia in next 5 years. Intel meanwhile will be financially exhausted trying to catch up TSMC.

TSMC founder Morris Chang stated last year that: "Above all the business model decided the success of a business."

The foundry/fabless is a stronger and better business model than IDM model.

TSMC founder Morris Chang stated last year that: "Above all the business model decided the success of a business."

The foundry/fabless is a stronger and better business model than IDM model.

I agree but it will take time until Intel sees it that way. They may even end up similar to AMD and be forced to spin-off the fabs.

The other thing I realized that Intel's biggest selling point to investors today is basically that with huge spending and higher financial power they can catch up with TSMC technologically. A)TSMC is spending more than Intel B)TSMC's revenue will most likely surpass Intel's in 2025 according to analysts. This whole thing is going to end very badly for Intel and leave them scarred for a long time.

The other thing I realized that Intel's biggest selling point to investors today is basically that with huge spending and higher financial power they can catch up with TSMC technologically. A)TSMC is spending more than Intel B)TSMC's revenue will most likely surpass Intel's in 2025 according to analysts. This whole thing is going to end very badly for Intel and leave them scarred for a long time.
When we compare the sum of capex and R&D spending from TSMC plus all TSMC's fabless and fablight partners, Intel's spending is really small.

TSMC, Apple, Google, Amazon, Nvidia, Qualcomm, AMD, Mediatek, Xilinx, Tesla, Broadcom, Sony, TI, Micron, and even Intel are helping TSMC's ecosystems stronger and better everyday.

On the Intel side, they are fighting multiple wars all by themselves.

Back