[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. C

SoftBank to put $8 billion ARM stake into its Vision Fund

Hey Dan, Do you know more about this? Japan's SoftBank is to place a roughly $8 billion (6.6 billion pounds) stake in ARM, the British chip designer it bought last year, into a technology investment fund it has created with Saudi Arabia, the Financial Times reported on Wednesday. SoftBank...
  2. C

REPORT TO THE PRESIDENT Ensuring Long - Term U.S. Leadership in Semiconductors

Has everyone seen this report? It has gone viral at my workplace. Eric Schmidt of Google or Alphabet now, Paul Otellini ex CEO from Intel, Ajit Manocha ex CEO of GloFlo, Mike Spliner ex CEO of Applied, Richard Bayer ex CEO of Freescale, and Paul Jacobs of Qualcomm all put their names on this...
  3. C

Intel and ARM Finally Partner at 10nm?

Just when I thought the ARM story couldn't get more interesting: Accelerating Foundry Innovation for a Smart and Connected World By 2020, just four years from now, we expect to see 50 billion connected devices1 generating more than two zettabytes of data traffic annually2. That dramatic...
  4. C

Intel planning for thousands of job cuts, internal sources say

I'm wondering how the Altera people are going to weather this one: Intel planning for thousands of job cuts, internal sources say | OregonLive.com "The cutbacks will reduce employment in some parts of the business by double-digit percentages, according to Intel insiders, amounting to...
  5. C

Is the PC Party Officially Over?

According to Gartner and IDC: Gartner Says Worldwide PC Shipments Declined 9.6 Percent in First Quarter of 2016 Worldwide PC shipments totaled 64.8 million units in the first quarter of 2016, a 9.6 percent decline from the first quarter of 2015, according to preliminary results by Gartner...
  6. C

ATopTech to pay Synopsys $30M

A Synopsys friend just passed this along. ATopTech infringed on Synopsys PrimeTime copyrights? Does anyone know more about this? There is a link on the Synopsys homepage but does not work. Jury Finds in Favor of Synopsys in ATopTech Copyright Infringement Case
  7. C

Intel Corp. Needs to Be More Honest About Moore’s Law

<section class="usmf-new article-header"> <header>Did you see this one Dan? "This Fool criticizes Intel management for not being as forthright as it could have been with investors about its chip manufacturing technology. Whenever I hold stock in a publicly traded...
  8. C

ANSYS Acquiring Mentor Graphics?

Is this an active rumor or is ANSYS really acquiring Mentor Graphics? Apache used to be a preferred vendor for us but after the ANSYS acquisition they seemed to have lost their zest for life. Honestly I have not heard much from them in the FinFET world. ANSYS has a 2x market cap over MENT? Do...
  9. C

Samsung Markets New Chip for Health-Focused Wearable Devices

Does anybody have more information on this new chip? Samsung Markets New Chip for Health-Focused Wearable Devices - NBC News Is it a smaller version of Exynos? A copy of what is in the iWatch? Is Samsung now competing with Qualcomm directly? Talk about a frenemy relationship.
  10. C

Apple Results (AAPL) - Mixed Emotions

I have Apple stock from a years ago employee program so take this for what is it worth. I feel this company is still undervalued and will continue to hold the stock. Very few of my financial friends agree. Of course they have been saying so for years and have been wrong. Any other thoughts out...
  11. C

Can Apple Save TSMC?

I would be interested in opinions on this article: Even Apple Can't Save TSMC "Even Apple can’t save TSMC, said Maybank‘s Warren Lau, adding:TSMC now expects FY15 sales to be up slightly less than 10%, lower than previous guidance of well over 10%. 2H sales are now expected to contract 3-5%...
  12. C

Intel Changed Mobile Financial Reporting Again?

I read this morning that Intel will change how it reports mobile yet again: Apr 6, 2015 Intel to Change Financial Reporting Structure...
  13. C

Design Management software: RTDA FlowTracer/NetworkComputer vs. free comparison?

I got an email from John Cooley (DeepChip) asking for information on Design Management software: RTDA FlowTracer/NetworkComputer vs. free comparison. I’m posting it here because I would like to see a free flowing non-edited discussion on the topic versus the John Cooley edited version he will...
  14. C

The Problems with SoC IP Integration

IP integration continues to delay our designs. Is there really such a thing as reusable IP? Or is that just a marketing sound bite? Lets start a list of problems with IP integration and brainstorm solutions. We can make it into a Wiki for future reference. SoC IP Integration Problems: How...
Back