[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. Redfire

Intel 16nm vs 10nm?

I would expect so, but we don't know the details of how it was implemented if it was, and what was scrapped if it was. I don't have a deep knowledge on how cell-level routing works, so I can't really comment on that first part. Intel 16 does have support for MRAM and RRAM. How much those are...
  2. Redfire

Intel Wants $5 Billion More From Germany for a Chip Plant

It's definitely not just the shells. The shell for the significantly larger D1X Mod 3 was about $3B. Perhaps it was one shell and one full fab, but that seems a bit odd. Although comparing it to the Ohio fab does make sense, given that the Magdeburg fab was planned for a year or two after the...
  3. Redfire

Intel 16nm vs 10nm?

I don't know the answers for (1) and (2). 3) Intel will be offering Intel 16 [22FFL(++)], Intel 3 and Intel 18A. Intel 3 is an improvement over Intel 4 which was detailed at VLSI Symposium last year. 4) The previous 22FFL roadmap shows that they were looking to add a denser FEOL, denser SRAM...
  4. Redfire

Intel 16nm vs 10nm?

From my understanding, there is no M0 on i16, because the M1 is still bidirectional. 90nm is around the limit for bidirectional metals with ArFi single patterning.
  5. Redfire

Intel Wants $5 Billion More From Germany for a Chip Plant

Intel was always planning for two fabs there. Personally, I think they undershot in the first place. A 17B pricetag is much too low for two 14A/12A/10A fabs (whichever node it is).
  6. Redfire

Gelsinger Gets 30 billion from Brookfield Capital

I would like to note that its a 51/49 split between Intel and Brookfield Asset Management, so no, they are not getting 30 Billion. Brookfield gets a share of the profit as part of the agreement, specific numbers ars under NDA.
Back