Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/sam-altman-seeks-trillions-of-dollars-to-reshape-business-of-chips-and-ai.19588/page-2
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Sam Altman Seeks Trillions of Dollars to Reshape Business of Chips and AI

So whats the prop bet on this guy

1) Fraudster who joins Elizabeth Holmes on vacation?
2) Dr Evil ("7 Jillion Dollars") who overthrows government with his AI and has me killed in my Uber for making fun of him.
3) Harmless speaker who makes up wild stories and eventually we all stop listening to him.
4) He is playing 4D chess and we all just dont get it. We all end up having AI Segways control our life and a Jetsons existence

I thought his whole OpenAI/Microsoft soap opera was a little too contrived. Is he a Bot?

1) Fraudster who joins Elizabeth Holmes on vacation?
2) Dr Evil ("7 Jillion Dollars") who overthrows government with his AI and has me killed in my Uber for making fun of him.
3) Harmless speaker who makes up wild stories and eventually we all stop listening to him.
4) He is playing 4D chess and we all just dont get it. We all end up having AI Segways control our life and a Jetsons existence

I thought his whole OpenAI/Microsoft soap opera was a little too contrived. Is he a Bot?

Sam is a dreamer but sometimes dreams come true (ChatGPT). I do not believe he is a fraudster. You should also know that Elon Musk and Sam seem to have a competitive issue so I expect Elon to get in the AI chip game as well. Tesla makes some very good chips so this is not a stretch for Elon.

It will be interesting to see what he has to say.

Exciting times!

Sam is a dreamer but sometimes dreams come true (ChatGPT). I do not believe he is a fraudster. You should also know that Elon Musk and Sam seem to have a competitive issue so I expect Elon to get in the AI chip game as well. Tesla makes some very good chips so this is not a stretch for Elon.

It will be interesting to see what he has to say.

Exciting times!
I always considered Elon a fraudster but once Tesla ramped and he started landing rockets on boats for re-use (two things I thought were impossible).... I admitted my mistake and now list him as a crazy ( really, really crazy) genius LOL

"this guy" - you mean the still unidentified idiot who made up the $7Tn story that gets endlessly, stupidly repeated?

Or are you somehow still under the illusion that this obvious meme bubble is related to anything SamA actually did?

"this guy" - you mean the still unidentified idiot who made up the $7Tn story that gets endlessly, stupidly repeated?

Or are you somehow still under the illusion that this obvious meme bubble is related to anything SamA actually did?
I must be under the illusion (did not know WSJ = fake news... my bad).

I must be under the illusion (did not know WSJ = fake news... my bad).
Yep, even them. "The project could require raising as much as $5 trillion to $7 trillion, one of the people said." - not Sam, not anyone identifiable, not even on his side of the discussion, not corroborated. No time scale. No geography. No bounding of what the project would include.

Really sloppy.

Back