[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Recent content by milesgehm

1. M

Japan's Rapidus fab to compete with TSMC, Samsung for 2nm chips

“It will use very little artificial light” what in the world are they talking about?
  2. M

Where is all the power going to come from for AI/ML

old data but I doubt the distribution has changed. There is sizable demand that can be served by electric semi.
  3. M

EV semi weight limit is 2000 lbs higher, and the motors/drive train are lighter. I think it works out to needing maybe 20% more trucks. Not such a big deal.
  4. M

Intel first quarter 2024 earnings of

Any questions about the effect of photoelectron spread/stochastics on achievable resolution? Fred seems convinced HNA will offer no benefit.
  5. M

UMC Reports First Quarter 2024 Results

Maybe UMC doesn’t make their engineers work hard enough.
  6. M

Power Challenges at Nevada Data Center campus

But they have never been pursued on land in the past 60 years. Even before environmental concerns began to be taken seriously. It isn’t the sierra club’s fault that small nuclear reactors haven’t been built.
  7. M

https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/en/news/openais-sam-altman-and-a16z-back-data-center-focused-thermal-energy-company-exowatt/ Seems like hype to me
  8. M

Why have these never been deployed commercially? I assume they aren’t economical
  9. M

China to become world's largest source of IC wafer capacity by 2026 - Knometa Research

Really? TSMC has focused on satisfying its customers and maximizing profit. Running low volume 20 year old 200 mm processes for slim margins is a lousy business you would only pursue if you had no other option. IMO.
  10. M

TSMC March 2024 Revenue Report

Why do they report monthly results instead of just quarterly? I know the other Taiwanese foundries do. Seems like it would be extra work and a distraction.
  11. M

Huawei Patent Shows 6x Multi-Patterning Surpassing EUV Resolution Without EUV

If our industry could make chips with powerpoint the answer would be obvious, not EUV. Given the order book for high NA EUV, the real answer was made years ago to go down that road.
Back