You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Recent content by coldsolder215

1. C

GLOBALFOUNDRIES Files Patent Infringement Lawsuits

"Hey guys, brilliant idea: let's screw with the most important supply chain in our industry. Best case scenario is we cripple manufacturing of the one product that still has broad consumer appeal and drives most semiconductor R&D today. Then we'll recruit Amy Schumer's cousin/master political...
  2. C

GLOBALFOUNDRIES Files Patent Infringement Lawsuits

"So what are we going to make now that we have all these IBM technologies, engineers, and patents?" "How about we shutter or sell most of those programs, and then use the patents to troll companies who actually know what they're doing. And do a bit about the importance of domestic manufacturing...
  3. C

Japan hits South Korea with semiconductor sanctions

I wonder whether hamfisted nationalistic trade wars are the new status quo.
  4. C

Intel auctioning off 5G patents

Finger on the pulse of Intel's post-Moore era for sure.
  5. C

Marvell to Acquire Avera Semi (GF ASIC)

My understanding is they still owe debts inherited from IBM.. plus I'm sure the McKinsey consultants now command a pound of flesh.