What was the first EDA company name that came to your mind after reading that title?
At Forbes magazine they rated both Mentor Graphics and Synopsys in the top 25 best companies for work life balance.
That’s quite an honor for both Mentor and Synopsys so I can say that EDA dominated the list this year.
Here are some of the factors that give Mentor such an honor:
- Corporate headquarters in Wilsonville, Oregon an affordable place to live (compared to Silicon Valley)
- Five weeks of paid vacation per year (Flexible Time Off)
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- 401K plan with matching funds
- Annual company picnic
- Annual company party
- Child care in Wilsonville from newborn thru Kindergarden
- Gym with basketball court in Wilsonville
- Perks for top employees (tickets to NBA, NHL, etc.)
- Employee stock purchase plan with guaranteed 15% discount
- Adoption program
- Women can nurse their infants
- Prepaid legal program
Here’s the list of the top 25 companies for work-life balance: