- Trend remains positive for 2020 overall
- New tools & EUV suggest better growth in 2020
- Calendar 2019 ends on strong foundry note
KLAC reported revenues of $1.509B and EPS of $2.66 NonGAAP versus street of $1.48B and $2.58. Foundry (TSMC) was obviously the big driver of the quarter and into 2020 as well. Memory remains subdued… Read More
- LAM- “Logic And Memory” make for a recovery-NAND (Samsung) & Logic (TSMC) + China
- Great Q4 Results & Q1 guide as memory restarts
- Logic strength continues-China is crucial to growth
- 2019 better than expected- 2020 WFE up about 5-8%
Lam reports nice finish to 2019 and start of 2020
The company reported revenues… Read More
Samsung is warming up and spending again
Samsung gave its preliminary report for Q4 and it was well better than prior muted expectations. It doesn’t take long for Samsung’s business units to respond to business trends in either direction and we have already heard of increased spending plans on the part of Samsung.… Read More
- Is ASML first clandestine shot in US war on China chips?
- Will the action extend further to other chip equip cos?
- China chip cold conflict warming up?
It would appear from a Reuters report yesterday that a behind the scenes “cold war” between the US and China in the chip business has just been exposed and has the potential… Read More
The Doctrine of Eternal Recurrence- (Nietzsche..) Deja’ Vu all over again…
The semiconductor industry has seen this movie before, several times….new entrant into the memory chip industry, disrupts the status quo and goes on to dominate the industry (until the next new entrant…)
The Japanese did it… Read More
Is there more downside than upside in stocks?
Entering a seasonally weak period, then what?
Does China trade come back to haunt industry?
Cycle is past the bottom-But what kind of up cycle?
The most recent up cycle in the industry was a huge one, driven by a huge spend on NAND as SSD’s sucked up infinite number of devices. DRAM … Read More
Good end to a weak fiscal year- and end to down cycle
As expected and well telegraphed by TSMC, LRCX, ASML & KLAC, AMAT put up a good quarter and guide as the last to report that the industry has turned the corner on the down cycle. While not a rip roaring recovery, its better to return to growth than continue a downward trend.
Results… Read More
- KLAC Strong Beat on Both Sept Q & Dec Guide
- Foundry/logic (TSMC) up 50% H2 vs H1
- Gen 5 acceptance and 5NM rollout drive future
Strong beat in Sept results and Dec Guide
KLAC reported revenue of $1.41B and EPS of $2.48 handily beating street estimates of $1.5B and $2.20 in EPS. More importantly the company guided December to be revenues… Read More
- Its “Complicated”- A 3 way Chip Relationship
- Competing for Wafers, Moore’s Law & Love
- Who’s Competing with Whom?
- All’s Fair
The 3 way relationship is more complex than it seems
On the surface it seems simple. AMD and TSMC compete with Intel making its own chips and TSMC making them for AMD. But… Read More