Website Siemens EDA
Simcenter Test Pre-sales Engineer – USA – remote office location
During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
This is a replacement presales role reporting through the Simcenter Test Technical Organization. Duties include alignment of DISW tools to address customer business issues and challenges, demonstration and proof of concept of DISW tools to deliver against customer and industry defined technical requirements, participation in customer benchmark activities, proof of concepts, workflow development, and customer enablement. There will be a unique opportunity to impact DISW product development by representing the voice of the customer within DISW. This position provides opportunities for a significant amount of customer engagement in support of both tactical and strategic Simcenter sales pursuits.
- Provides presales technical support for the Simcenter Test Portfolio, leveraging a combination of application and domain expertise to address a variety of DISW customers in the Aerospace/Defense, Energy, Oil&Gas, Power Generation, and Automotive Industries.
- Strong technical knowledge of one or more engineering fields addressed by Simcenter Test products and services (general noise & vibration (NVH), system dynamics, modal analysis, acoustic analysis, durability / road-load acquisition and analysis, model-based system testing).
- Develops proof of concepts, demonstrations and executes benchmarks of the Simcenter Test hardware and software.
- Aids in closing sales by demonstrating value and benefits of solutions; preparing responses to RFI’s and RFP’s as well as other technical documentation.
- Contributes to the development of software capabilities by evaluating current product functionality; identifying needs to be filled; monitoring competitive products; analyzing and relaying customer requirements to the Siemens Simcenter product development team.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to sales and technical teams.
- Train and mentor client technical leads and subject matter experts in the application of the Simcenter Test hardware and software.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and speaking at technical trade shows or conferences; writing articles and collaborating with users on the Siemens Community website.
- At least some previous technical knowledge of one or more engineering fields addressed by Simcenter Test products and services (general noise & vibration (NVH), system dynamics, modal analysis, acoustic analysis, durability / road-load acquisition and analysis, etc.)
- Must currently reside in the continental USA
- Able to adapt well to fast changing environment
- Strong presentation and communication skills are essential
- Willing to travel up to 40% of the time
- A flexible attitude and a willingness to adapt to various customer and sales situations as needed, both internal and external
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Engineering or closely related technical field
- 6+ years in the industrial application and direct use of Simcenter Test products and services
- Demonstrated ability to lead, train, and mentor peers inside the organization
- Experience in hi-tech pre-sales in a field directly addressed by Simcenter Test (Simcenter SCADAS and Simcenter Testlab) products and services
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.