Job ID #: 18257
Job Category: Software Engineering
Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
Division: Central Engineering – CPU
Department: Central Engineering – CPU Engineering
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Cambridge
Are you passionate about the interaction between software and hardware? Are you interested in applying your academic knowledge in a world-beating commercial processor group? Then this role may be just what you are looking for!
The verification software team in Cambridge is responsible for ensuring that ARM CPUs can boot operating systems and will be able to run real software. This includes early bring-up of operating systems on ARM CPUs with the goals of validating the hardware and of finding and investigating hardware and software bugs, which we can then investigate and share with hardware engineers to ensure their resolution.
If you enjoy low-level software development and are fascinated by the internal functioning of CPUs and operating systems, we would like to hear from you. This is a phenomenal opportunity to improve your software skills, while deepening your understanding of the internals of modern CPUs in an exceptionally accomplished and diverse team! We are recruiting at a range of levels, so whether you are ready for your first career move, or you are an experienced professional looking to lead or mentor a team, we can build a role that will suit you.
Education & Qualifications
Good university degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or another appropriate discipline.
Essential Skills & Experience
- You have software development experience with ‘C’ and some knowledge of low level assembler programming languages
- You understand CPU architecture and micro-architecture features (such as caches, MMU, SMP, coherency, CPU pipelines)
- You have knowledge of operating system kernels and how they exploit the hardware (for example linux or RTOS)
Desirable Skills & Experience
- You understand and can use the Arm instruction set architecture
- You have experience with scripting languages such as Python
- You have some exposure to CPU verification or EDA tools
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.peopleclick.com.