Job ID #: 18159
Job Category: Software Engineering
Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
Division: Central Engineering – GPU
Department: Central Engineering – GPU Engineering
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Cambridge
Additional Country: UK
Are you looking for an exciting and meaningful role at the edge of mobile technology? Are you motivated by learning new things and putting that knowledge into action?
Arm seeks highly skilled and motivated engineers to join Agile software development teams working on the latest mobile GPUs. Contributing to the driver for the next generation Mali™ mobile GPUs and the latest Linux and yet-to-be-published Android versions, you will help shape the technologies that the market will see in years to come.
We have an excellent track record of building up expertise in people, so this is a great opportunity to learn something new and interesting in a friendly and collaborative environment. Join a multinational, dynamic and highly motivated software development group where you will enjoy the support of your colleagues while being challenged by interesting technical problems. Do you like producing high quality, high performance SW and solving complex technical problems? – then we would love to hear from you.
What you will be involved with:
Developing multiple modules of our GPU driver in close interaction with engineers doing modelling, HW design, emulation, verification, etc. You will see all the phases of a complex development program, from inception to delivery.
Day to day activities include:
- Participating in the design, implementation and testing of new features.
- Working closely with other software teams to interface driver components.
- Writing high quality, low overhead code for user and kernel space parts of the driver.
- Maintaining the existing codebase: fixing bugs and other quality assurance activities.
- Reviewing other people’s code.
- Writing and maintaining documentation.
About GPU Engineering
GPU Engineering produces media processing hardware and software products for mobile, embedded and automotive industries. Our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the #1 shipping GPU. Now we are entering into a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for hardworking people to join the team.
In GPU Engineering you will work with the world’s best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP alongside the best engineers in the world. We are a global team working across numerous sites and cultures. Your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Please have a look at the following video to see what it’s like to work with us: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
Skills & Experience required:
- Demonstrable expertise in C or C++ programming.
- Experience developing software for Linux, Android or Tizen based systems.
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience with standard GNU/Linux tool chain, shells, source versioning systems such as GIT, scripting languages and build systems.
- Practical, organized and analytical approach to work.
- Kernel development experience.
- Knowledge of the graphics stack on any major operating system.
- Experience of driver or HAL development.
- Familiarity with Android-based systems
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.peopleclick.com.