Website Siemens EDA
Siemens Digital Industries Software is looking for a Senior Software Engineer Devops/Test architect, to be hired with a permanent contract, for its premises in Genoa. He/she will be involved in the realization and integration of innovative test software, quality assurance tools and continuous integration development for Manufacturing Execution System (MES) solutions.
MES Solutions plays an important role in our vision of Industry 4.0, they are a relevant component of Siemens Manufacturing Operation Management proposal for the digital factory, based on a product portfolio leveraging continuous innovation.
The Senior Test Architect / Continuous Delivery Expert proposes, drives and guide the test strategy and its implementation
, collaborates with other members of the engineering team to find the best methods for solving problems in the systems.
His/her decisions are driven by a clear focus on the intended business and its associated requirements, is guided by maturity, vision, depth of domain and technical experience and the ability to identify, analyze, and decide on relevant issues in time and with courage.
The work environment is based on modern approaches to software development such as Agile and SCRUM. The Senior Test Architect / Continuous Delivery Expert will collaborate with development teams actively participating in established events and community of practices.
What will you manage in the short term?
- and implementation options for the new upcoming features of the product;
- Help to assure a wide coverage of automatic tests by addressing also continuous improvement on monitoring tool for quality
- Collaborate with team members establishing a continuous two-way feedback loop also with international colleagues;
- Scout for new test technologies and best state-of-the-art design patterns realizing prototypes as needed to validate applicability;
- Promote and implement test reviews and promote technical debt reduction activities to increase test coverage;
- all quality aspects are addressed with special attention to performance, compatibility, usability, reliability, security, maintainability and portability
- Support and drive implementation of development best practices in order to support testability of product.
And what about the medium-long term?
- You will be proactive to maintain the test strategy at state-of-the-art from a technological point of view defining an evolution roadmap toward new technologies
- You will be part of the realization of the transition toward cloud
Who are we looking for?
A candidate with the following features:
- A Degree or master’s degree in software engineering, Computer Science or Technical Diploma;
- Good knowledge in English and Italian;
- An experience in a cloud technologies as AWS will be a plus;
- Good communication skills to be exploited in a heterogeneous and multicultural environment;
- Quality assurance, development process, configuration and change management understanding;
- Available to short international business trips
- Experience on mobile testing tool
What can we further offer?
- Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the entrepreneurial spirit are rewarded;
- An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training;
- Flexible Welfare programs;
- Shareholding plans for the employee;
- Health insurance;
- Canteen service;
- Personal Computer and Smartphone.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens-info.com.