GLOBALFOUNDRIES (GF), the world’s leading specialty foundry, announced earlier that it has acquired the PDK (Process Design Kit) engineering team from Smartcom Bulgaria AD in Sofia, Bulgaria. The newly acquired team will enhance GF’s scale and capabilities, while strengthening competitiveness of its specialized application solutions to further position the company for growth and value creation.
Process Design Kits are the critical interface between a company’s integrated circuit (IC) design and the fabs, which manufacture the clients chip products. Since 2015, Smartcom has supported GF’s PDK development and quality assurance for platform technologies spanning from 350nm to 12nm. Under the terms of the acquisition, GF will acquire Smartcom’s PDK development team of more than 125 employees.
With this acquisition, GF is expanding its worldwide design enablement capabilities and strengthening its European footprint. The Sofia operations build on GF’s long established Fab 1 operations in Dresden, Germany, the company’s Bump Test Facility (BTF) and the AMTC mask house, a joint venture with Toppan.
In addition to the current excellent Team, we are looking to significantly hire additional talent for the Bulgaria Team in Sofia immediately. We are looking for a ….
Data Analyst – Design Enablement Business Operations
Your primary task is to perform and support accurate analyses of GF’s Design Enablement business operations. Your main duties include gathering data and developing solutions to meet business needs for regular operations review. This will require a deep understanding of the organization’s resource tracking and time management tool as well as an overview of the organization’s contribution to the corporate-level financial budget. Skills in Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets spreadsheet analysis and complex functions and pivot tables are required. You will report to the Design Enablement Chief of Staff and will be asked to support regular operations review meetings, helping to build professional chart decks using Microsoft Powerpoint or Google Slides. The Design Enablement organization is a highly technical engineering development team and while not an absolute requirement, a technical background in the semiconductor industry is desirable.
Summary of Tasks:
- Data Analyst
- Build expertise and eventually function as organizational point of contact for Clarity supply/demand data
- Coordinate regular review of staffing plans and actual timesheets with resource managers throughout the Design Enablement organization
- Develop clear and concise reports on staffing supply/demand and gaps.
- Support Chief of Staff in running regular operations reviews with Design Enablement Vice President and Customer Design Enablement Senior Vice President
- Develop and enhance business processes surrounding resource management and change control.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in business analysis, management, finance, or a related field.
- You work well with colleagues in a team environment, but also perform well on your own, with minimal supervision.
- You are organized and can multitask when handling large amount of information/data.
- You bring previous knowledge/experience in data analysis of corporate resource and business process management.
- You have strong communication skills.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.