Website Siemens EDA
Application Support Engineer: Electronics Cooling Applications (Presales Solution Consultant II)- Fremont, CA Siemens Office
This is a presales role in the Simulation and Test Presales Team. You will work closely with the sales organization to address customer technical challenges and business objectives, focusing primarily on CFD and electronics cooling applications. This exciting opportunity offers a diverse range of skill development, starting from a deep understanding of flow and thermal problems in industry, through to the alignment of Siemens Digital Industries (SDI) products, to provide world class simulation solutions.
This position provides opportunities for a significant amount of customer engagement in support of strategic SDI sales pursuits. Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with customers are critical to success in this fast-paced and broad engineering role. If you are creative, entrepreneurial in nature, and demonstrate good communication skills, we would like to hear from you.
- Provides presales technical support for the SDI Simulation Portfolio, leveraging a combination of application and domain expertise to a variety of customers in industries such as Electronics and Semi-conductors, Aerospace/Defense, Automotive and Consumer Products
- Develops proof of concepts, demonstrations and executes benchmarks of the Siemens Simulation Portfolio
- Assists in closing sales by demonstrating the value and benefits of solutions
- Contributes to the development of simulation software capabilities by evaluating current product functionality; identifying needs to be filled; monitoring competitive products; analyzing and relaying customer requirements to the Siemens Simulation Product Management team
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to sales and technical teams.
- Train and mentor client technical leads and subject matter experts in the application of SDI products
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and speaking at technical trade shows or conferences
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or related field, with focus on computational methods and fluid dynamics/heat transfer
- Must currently be located near the Fremont, CA office or be willing to relocate to Fremont, CA immediately.
- Must currently reside in the continental USA.
- 2+ years experience in thermal applications for the electronics industry
- 2+ years experience in CFD technologies and software
- Qualified Non-Siemens Employee Applicants should not require employer sponsored work authorization, now or in the future, for employment in the United States.
- Flexible and willing to learn new skills
- Collaborative mindset to take personal ownership of team objectives and proactively complete work independently to meet those objectives
- An adaptive individual with a positive attitude and strong aptitude with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience with FloTHERM, FloEFD or STAR-CCM+
- 2+ years experience using 3D CAD packages such as NX, Catia, Creo and SolidWorks
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens-info.com.