[ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

SystemC Japan 2011 comes over

Hiroshi Komoda

A seminar of SystemC of the world's largest scale is held in Japan on July 15.
The name of the seminar is SystemC Japan 2011.

The sponsorship of the seminar is OSCI. Furthermore, 15 EDA Vendors participates as a sponsor.

-Cadence,Forte,Mentor,Synopsys
-Aldec,ASTC,Calypto,Carbon,CircuitSutra,CoFluent,Cybernet,EVE,hdLab,NEC,PrimeGate

SystemC Japan is the sixth year in this year. The applications for seminar increase, and applications more than 400 are expected this year.

Fujitsu, Sanyo, Ricoh are going to announce the example this year as a user.
They are experts managing SystemC, and their story is very interesting.
・ Virtual software development environment example for control microcomputers
・ Efficiency of HLS using the library for high level synthesis
・ Processor development in virtual hardware technology and HLS

Please expect it in a report of SystemC Japan2011.

I'm wondering if the enthusiasm for SystemC is actually a lack of enthusiasm for the alternatives (SystemVerilog springs to mind). Although I've done hardware verification, and design, I mostly do software development in C or C++, and I have to say as a (hardware description) language designer and C++ programmer SystemC is pretty damn ugly. Also, the abstraction it is based on is just bad. As far as I can tell the only reason for its existence is a desire by some folks not to pay for simulation licenses (with other languages) back in the mid 90s.

As a cross-discipline guy I say just go fix the language properly - http://parallel.cc

What I learned about C

When I consulted and worked at www.yxi.com I quickly learned that the Japanese market was very attracted to design languages, especially anything C-based. It appears that the large number of software developers are quite conversant in C languages and it's most natural to use C for designing both the hw and sw simultaneously.
View attachment 1358

YXI even created a language called Spec-C, and the Japanese were at the forefront of adopting this language. Now SystemC is the enthusiastic successor to Spec-C.
View attachment 1357

Back