[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. Lorien

Intel cancels new Haifa development center

this parking lot has... Intel Inside (TM)
  2. Lorien

TSMC N3E Yields Ahead of Schedule

Is this legit? If so, looking pretty good. https://www.tomshardware.com/news/leaked-tsmc-slide-shows-n3e-yields-progressing-ahead-of-plan
  3. Lorien

Intel’s Gelsinger Predicts Intel Inside Everything. ~ July 3, 2008

1.) Moore’s Law continues, unsurprisingly. hahaha Intel is “on the way to 22[-nm],” Gelsinger said. “We have a good view of what 14[-nm] and [15-nm] will look like, and a good idea of how we’ll break through 10[-nm]. Beyond that, we’re not sure.”  hahahahahahaha (ok, to be fair this was...
  4. Lorien

Taiwan Chip Industry Emerges as Battlefront in USA - China Showdown

China is definitely in a different place in the world order; the renewed focus on Taiwan in my opinion is a way for China to once again assert its place on the global stage (similar to what it's doing in the South China Sea), and challenge America's military and political dominance in...
  5. Lorien

Taiwan Chip Industry Emerges as Battlefront in USA - China Showdown

I grew up in Taiwan in the 90's; our schools had air raid drills weekly and I experienced the missile crisis in '96 that's very similar to what's going on right now (back then it was due to Taiwan holding it's own very first presidential election, which signified political independence and China...
  6. Lorien

Intel released Q2 2022 Earnings with Net Loss and Declined Revenue

Intel culture on display https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-blames-poor-software-for-arc-delays-shipments-miss
  7. Lorien

Has Intel Stumbled Again?

sad thing is, I trust this "rumor" more than Intel's public statements. Intel just doesn't have much credibility when it comes to things they say. they claim their next gen nodes are "ahead of schedule" all while booking up all of TSMC's 3nm leftover capacity. sounds legit to me!
  8. Lorien

Intel planning to build massive new semiconductor factory in Ohio

yes that was sarcasm :P but I also think realistically Intel may already know it can't feasibly catch up to TSMC given EUV constraints. and look at how much noise Intel is making about it's first high-NA EUV (while booking up TSMC 3nm) while TSMC doesn't even talk about it (because it doesn't...
  9. Lorien

Intel planning to build massive new semiconductor factory in Ohio

prediction: TSMC ends up with most of the EUV deliveries for actual production and Intel gets a single unit for publicity. Pat proudly proclaims to investors Intel delivered on its promise and that AMD is in the "rearview mirror" while increasing outsource to TSMC.
  10. Lorien

AMD getting comfortable with Samsung 4nm?

never mind that Alder Lake wasn't even his doing lol. but hey, Pat sure fits right into Intel's culture.
  11. Lorien

TSM and China, TSM the Ultimate Win/Win construct

no offense to the op but you make a lot of threads that are either political or financial in nature. it's getting a bit exhausting. but as far as this thread is concerned, mozartct summed things up pretty succinctly. democracy is ultimately just another experiment in governing and as much as...
  12. Lorien

Intel CEO to Visit Taiwan, Home of Biggest Chipmaking Rival

apparently Pat thinks TSMC is "spectacular" now! 😆 https://www.tomshardware.com/amp/news/pat-gelsinger-tsmc-is-spectacular
  13. Lorien

Intel looking to develop closer relationship with TSMC?!?!?!

I agree with this. I was actually enthusiastic when Pat took over because he actually as an engineering background, but his public speeches just keeps getting more and more cringe. https://amp.hothardware.com/news/intel-ceo-i-havent-lost-share-amd like does anyone actually believe this crap...
  14. Lorien

Intel looking to develop closer relationship with TSMC?!?!?!

Taiwan's past relationship with China was a lot worse - as someone who grew up during the Chiang Ching-kuo years, I remember a bit of that, though my parents remember a lot more during the Chiang Kai-shek years. I think both the current governing DPP party and Western media both have their own...
  15. Lorien

Kissinger doesn’t see China invasion of Taiwan in next decade

As someone who grew up in Taiwan in the 90's, threat of Chinese invasion is very overblown in Western media (and honestly I suspect a lot of it is click bait, riding on the sudden spotlight on Taiwan due to the chip shortage). China-Taiwan relations isn't great right now because of the DPP...
  16. Lorien

Google to design own chips

Fire Tablets..? Try Graviton2, already used in AWS. Amazon doesn't use Graviton2 to "serve web pages". It can run any of the standard AWS services (including compute). It's meant to be AWS's own ARM server chips and there's nothing slow about them...
  17. Lorien

What would happen to TSMC if China gains control of Taiwan?

this possibility has always been overblown by Westerners. most probable outcome is it won't happen and both sides continue the status quo indefinitely. if you like your doomsday scenario though, China would almost certainly take out Taiwan's power grid during an invasion and global chip supply...
Back