Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?search/240616/&c[users]=John+Grant+%28Nine+Tiles%29&o=date
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. J

What processors and memory will dominate AI/ML?

It's not perfect though, see zilberman2017time.pdf
  2. J

What processors and memory will dominate AI/ML?

There'll be a lot of AI in autonomous vehicles (whether on a road or in some kind of industrial site), and you 'd hope that won't be data centre based, causing chaos if there's any kind of network problem. The clue is in the word "autonomous". See also https://www.tinyml.org/
  3. J

Bitcoin Fraud

The problem with blockchain is that if there is no trust it doesn't scale (hence the amount of time to confirm a Bitcoin transaction, and electricity used), and if there is trust there are more efficient ways of implementing a distributed ledger.
  4. J

Ten Chinese semiconductor start-ups that got a leg up from their founders’ foreign experience

In the UK (I'm not sure whether it's the same in the US) universities want Chinese students for the fees they pay, but at the end of the course they can't get work visas so are more or less forced to take what they've learnt back home and exploit it there. That seems to me to be short-sighted in...
  5. J

Naming beyond 1nm?

That's a shame. I really liked the idea of watching my fingernail creeping across the chip (it grows at about 1nm/sec). So features aren't getting smaller? (Comforting, as they were heading towards single molecules.) What does change from one process node to the next? And will we need to move...
  6. J

Carbon Nanotubes to Revolutionize Batteries

This maybe ties in with https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-10-13-turning-plastic-waste-hydrogen-and-high-value-carbons# as a source of the nanotubes?
  7. J

Don't Listen to Failure and the Medical industry

Given the tech industry's inability to stop bugs and viruses of the digital type, I'm not sure they'd be any better. At least the medical industry doesn't administer things that are still in beta to an unsuspecting public. I wouldn't want to take a medicine that had been developed by Boeing, either.
  8. J

Lithium Sulfur Batteries Coming Game Changer

The articles talk about powering phones and vehicles for longer, but looking at it the other way up they could be made much lighter with the same range as now. That could be especially interesting for electric aircraft.
  9. J

Lithium Sulfur Batteries Coming Game Changer

So the energy density will be about the same as for TNT? Could be some safety issues there.
Back