[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Recent content by bill01

1. B

Computer designed, robotically built buildings

Check out Icon Technologies . Their business plan is to essentially revolutionize construction by utilizing 3D printing. I have been to their fabrication site down in Austin, it was an eye opening experience seeing a 1/4 acre 3D printer. They can have a frame of a house done in a day or two. See...
  2. B

Taiwan Semiconductor: How Taiwan Differs From Ukraine

If this war has shown us anything, it is that Russia in fact definitely could not occupy Poland or Germany, let alone both of them in a week. They have struggled with massive logistical issues within a stones throw of their border. What makes you think they could strike hundreds of miles deep in...
  3. B

Government should get Intel equity for help

Could be wrong about this... but I would argue that the Govt has never treated taxpayer money in the way we would like it to be treated. IE constantly wasting/inefficiently spending money, this is what happens when a organization has zero real world accountability. As much as I would love for...
  4. B

I think at this point Intel getting capital from the government is the method with the least "strings attached". The question is should the funding be distributed in a manner that allows for more accountability and efficiency in the allocation of funding. While Intel might not be the best case...
  5. B

I totally agree with the logic against "free money", but I think federal stakes in private business creates it's own share of issues as well. Just thinking about it for a second, how would they go about purchasing these shares? straight from intel and diluting the stock more? If the government...
  6. B

Are there monopolies or cartels in EDA ?

I think the technical term for the market conditions of the Semi field is best characterized by the term "Oligopoly". This is where a market is dominated by a small number of firms and there are significant barriers to entry, a level of interdependence between firms, and a large economic moat...
  7. B

The coming global recession, and overspending by semi industry

Interesting take! I agree completely on your take of the Chinese market, however I would be wary in discounting future innovation in terms of applications. Specifically referencing AI, while it may seem like "hype" at the moment, there is massive potential utility (and a market to go with it) in...
Back