[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Recent content by Andy Sun

1. A

Apple and Intel become first to adopt TSMC's latest chip tech

I have the same feeling. Why not making a bunch of AL/ML accelerator chiplets with TSMC and integrating them with Intel’s CPU made by its own old or new processes. The design of the accelerators can leverage standard EDA and a lot of existing IPs so that Intel doesn’t have to do everything...
  2. A

SiGe BiCMOS industry

Hi, anyone can help give me an idea of how large the SiGe BiCMOS segment is, out of the $409B semiconductor market? I know the process is provided by many foundries such as GF (IBM), TowerJazz, X-Fabs, etc. and maybe some IDMs too. I have a feeling it's in single-digit Billion $ but want to...
  3. A

GaAs cost question

I can find quite a few information on the cost of CMOS or SiGe BiCMOS, from MPW, to mask cost, to high-volume wafer cost on different nodes. But GaAs, being the 3rd largest semiconductor technology platform (I believe close to $10B last year), I really can't find much on its cost. Could someone...
  4. A

Question on 7RFSOI IP

Hi, I'm looking for ADC and DAC IP blocks for a particular 0.18um technology called 7RFSOI which is a SOI RF technology developed by IBM and was licensed to a number of foundries. I googled but couldn't find a IP provider even mentioning it. Did I look in the wrong places? I have been working...
  5. A

HP and Intel push HPC into new markets

Just read about that Intel hopes to use its Knights Landing Xeon Phi processors to take HPC beyond its traditional niche to new markets including retail, personalized medicine and even police work. And HP, among some other system vendors, is promoting this platform with products to be released...
Back